Search results

1. mylifeisazoo

Tamper-proof angle stops...argh!

ok. so i'm done. i've repaired all i'm gonna repair for now. i fixed the toilet issue and rerouted the plumbing back to normal. the main drip will just have to stay there. i'll just turn off the pump from now on as a work around. thanks for the help guys, and this winter i will replace all those...
  2. mylifeisazoo

shut the pump off! why the f*%k didn't i think of that?! what i did was bypass the whole bathroom. i shut the main and did like you folks said, the bathroom isbasically the lowest point, so i circumvented that whole place and resoldered so that i skip that room altogether as well as another...
  3. mylifeisazoo

as far as i can tell, from loosening other valves, is that it is threaded. the "hood" is solid tight. i am able to shut off the main, but this is the crux of my problem. it doesn't shut off completely. do i shut the main, cut the valve off, try the bread ball technique? or do i try to loosen the...
  4. mylifeisazoo

ok. looks like i'm going to have to explain myself even further. i live in a very isolated area of vancouver island. (harrisonscove.com) i get internet because of satellites, not a phone wire or cable cord. i have to make my own power because there is no hydro here. i am on my own. a plumber is...
  5. mylifeisazoo

ok...after much rigarmarole, i have discovered what this shut off valve is called. a tamper-proof angle stop. mine is rusted to heck. some yahoo put these in probably 35 years ago. how can i tamper with this tamper-proof shut off valve so I can shut it off?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks