Search results

1. JohnD2007

Need to 'fish' for my rescue line down the hole. Any ideas?

Ballvalve; For the 1/2 hp Sta-Rite pump, with control box replacement panel lid, I pd 350 dollars. Have mislaid it's owner's manual, but the pump # is: 10KT05231-5, D/C 001 C10H. Don't know that those #'s tell you what specs it has. If/when I locate the owner's manual, I might can tell you more...
  2. JohnD2007

Thanks Jim, Fished out rescue rope a couple of days ago. Had some help finally to pull the pipe up to where the first centralizer was located, which was apprx 40' down. Just to give you guys another chuckle, my friend, after we got the rescue rope out, and were easing the pipe & pump back to...
  3. JohnD2007

Need to 'fish' for rescue line: Update 8/30/10; Pulled pipe & got it! Well, I wish you guys could've seen the look on my face as I watched my rescue rope slither down the well after I untaped it from the top of my drop pipe just prior to trimming/cutting off the excess drop pipe that's...
  4. JohnD2007

Flow Inducer Sleeve; Need fine details, bolt size, etc

Ballvalve, I attached a 3' (4" PVC thin walled) flow inducer to the pump. I just used 3 C clamps at the top, then Rubber Taped the C clamps, and then put a layer of the best Duct tape (Moisture resistant?) I could find as the top layer, on top of the Rubber/Electrical tape. Using Valveman's...
  5. JohnD2007

Well, I've got the pump attached to the drop pipe, wired on the wet end, and as soon as I can round up two to four extra hands, will try to ease it all back into the hole. I'm worried about whether or not my electrical connections are solid, and correct. Hopefully, if I've wired it incorrectly...
  6. JohnD2007

(Sorry if this posts twice) Valveman, I'm headed to the city to pk up, "Rubber splicing tape" to substitute for the heat shrinks. Any suggestions for an easy set-up of the span of piping from where the Drop pipe comes out of the (home made well cap) over to connect to my "Tee"? This distance is...
  7. JohnD2007

Valveman: What is that White/Red object attached in the bottom of the 'Stack' in/on your Avatar, please? Is it a connecting, threaded inlet, or valve? I'm gathering up pieces to connect from the top of my drop pipe to the "Tee" attached to my elderly 29 yr old, 42 gallon pressure tank. Still...
  8. JohnD2007

Not sure if this horse is dead, or not Greetings, water well drillers, and users. After several weeks with no days off from work, I'm back to grapple with my DIY water well woes. The first couple of weeks of July were rainy & below normal for temperatures, but in the last wk or two, it's...
  9. JohnD2007

Valveman; Thanks, Woo hooo! That's my favorite post yet, of all the replies to my DIY Rookie pump replacement thread. It's GREAT to know that I may not need to SWEAT the "centering the pump" in the lower part of the Flow Inducer, which is the part of the equation that's been maybe eating on...
  10. JohnD2007

PS to 6-29 posting: My buddy/friend/helper had a suggestion for centering the pump inside the sleeve, another way, different from Ballvalve's "L bracket" idea, which I thought was another good possibility. We bought some 1/16th, and or, 3/8th's thick X 1/2" wide "Aluminum strips" to use as...
  11. JohnD2007

6/29/10: Valveman, the place you like in Tuscola is maybe "The Homeplace"? I tried to go there once, but they were closed. From where I live, it's outta the way to go to Tuscola, and I seldom go thru there, and when I do, I'm usually en route to get to someplace other than Tuscola. Homeplace...
  12. JohnD2007

PS: Thought of another minor detail to ask/throw into the mix. The electric/power line for the pump, is I think also the original wire 29 yrs old, possibly was replaced nine yrs ago at last pump change, but, either way, I see no fraying, nicks, or apparent wear on it from one end to the...
  13. JohnD2007

Thanks Ballvalve, I have heard of Diazapram, & a drink might help a bit too. I erred in this opening thread when I said "Yesterday/Sunday", which of course was Saturday. Anyway my helper is gone, it's Sunday night now, and we've had a little rain, with more in the forecast, so a non-urgent...
  14. JohnD2007

3:55PM Sunday. Just opened this up to read all the replies, then took more High Blood pressure meds. 1st) I've already glued the 1" schedule 40 PVC drop pipe together, yesterday/Sunday, and, I did use the primer to glue the joints. The schedule 20 that we pulled yesterday morning, had been...
  15. JohnD2007

Got old 1/2 HP Submersible pump pulled today, 6/26/10. 'Want' to attach a flow inducer prior to running new pump back in hole, both for longer life for the pump, but also to reduce producing/getting sand from my 80' water well. I find diagrams of the Flow Inducer Sleeve, but newbie that I...
  16. JohnD2007

Elevators, to pull a 1" string of PVC with submersible pump?

Good idea, and good location for it to be stacked right there above pump discharge. I'll ck it out, hopefully it's Brass. I've learned that I don't want any galvanized pieces in my line or system, as they don't last as long as Brass, or PVC parts either. 22 Bucks is cheap insurance, and good...
  17. JohnD2007

Thanks Ballvalve, The 1" drop pipe is the 200 PSI variety. Was wondering with it being 29 yrs old, if I'd be money ahead to change out the old PVC, if/when I have to replace the pump. I think it is/was on this forum that I also read that the best, and only needed check valve is the one...
  18. JohnD2007

Hello, Newbie here, Am considering (attempting) pulling my 1/2 HP submersible pump (9 yr old sta-rite J series) from my apprx 80' water well, alone. The last time I pulled, & replaced pump, we were a 3 man crew. Is it possible, to construct a tripod, and are there elevators & slips...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks