Search results

1. DougB

Grohe pullout faucet - flow restrictor tip

I replaced our 12 year old Grohe kitchen faucet with the same model. After replacing the faucet - the water flow was considerably less. I was p1ssed. After careful Google searches - I found out Grohe has the flow restrictor (a check valve) built into the pull-out hose quick connect...
  2. DougB

Flush Valve For Wall Mounted Toto

I remodeled the bathroom about five years ago. Lately sometimes have to tap the flush plate to get it to stop running. The flush valve part number is THU13 - $107. Anyone know of a rebuild kit?
  3. DougB

Recommendations for new hot water boiler

I wanted to upload some pics - but I guess you can't. I have a 1950 boiler, gas fired - 3,600 sq/ft home, in Minnesota. What, in your opinion is the most reliable, simplest boiler?
  4. DougB

Any advice on my dining room wall?

Could be a water leak, and the stud is warping.
  5. DougB

Using integral power and water on Geberit wall carrier for TOTO bidet seat

I've never worked with metal studs. I used 2x6's - it's rock solid. Consider the force - a 200 lb person + 60 lb toilet - all cantilevered off the carrier. I'd make sure the studs were 'stiff' enough. Make sure to take into account that the floor will be higher (with underlayment and...
  6. DougB

The framing is a double stud on each side. I put an electrical box, 12" off the floor, attached to the outside of the double stud. I don't have a bidet, but I figured that I might as well put in an outlet. I used a 1 1/2" carbide hole saw, and made a hole in the wall tile for the water...
  7. DougB

Questions about Fridge cabinet build in

Get the installation manual for the refrigerator. It will tell you the cabinet dimensions. Is it meant to be built in? Built in units are made so the condenser is on the top - vented.
  8. DougB

Extraneous power? You need an electrical outlet. I used a Toto carrier - it has a brass pipe plug (yellow circle) that you can remove for water supply to a bidet. You need to install an outlet near that water supply, about one foot off the floor, for power to the bidet. I advise you to...
  9. DougB

Refrigerator Problem

They may be an internal fan - like a muffin fan - that evaporates the defrost - it may need replacing.
  10. DougB

Looking for a 90° 1/4" male to 1/4" female compression adapter

I would not put the shutoff behind the fridge. You don't want to have to pull out the fridge to turn off the water. Where is the water supply connected? I put mine under the sink. I would bring 1/4" copper out of the floor (close to the wall) , make a loop, or two and connect it to...
  11. DougB

Great Lakes Scientist says, “If We Lose The EPA, We Lose Lake Erie”

Texas rancher caught in regulatory web after rare spider found on land ..... he’s been stuck with land he can’t really use due to concerns about how environmental regulations protecting the spider now affect the property. Regulations like this...
  12. DougB

Typical leftist - needs to label the person or their opinion. As I see it, climate change is the ultimate control / taxation scheme ever invented. You can't be sure, but what if.... hogwash. This control, in the name of global warming - no - now climate change (for the sake of our planet -...
  13. DougB

Ya know, pay enough money, and you can get a study with any results you want. Life expectancy keeps increasing, yet we find boogeymen like: picograms of lead to be harmful. It's gotten to the point where they don't allow any? maybe a trace of lead in the brass castings. People have been...
  14. DougB

The water tested OK. The problem was the pipes in the homes. Flint has gone downhill, high unemployment, many abandon homes. Do you think they are going to spend millions ripping out plumbing in homes that are falling down? This water testing is a joke. Minneapolis tests our water a...
  15. DougB

The climate has been changing forever. I'm in Minneapolis, where there was atleast one mile of glacial ice, about 12,000 years ago. That ice melted! How was that possible? Oh it got warmer. I guess it got warmer cause the Eskimo's were smoking. Maybe you can tell me what the 'right'...
  16. DougB

Times have changed since the 1960's - everyone is much more aware of the environment, auto safety, you name it. There are now rules, filtering / treating for discharging water. These water ways have been cleaned up. We can continue to monitor and grant permits, but perhaps we don't need...
  17. DougB

Tornado Safe Room

It's the same room that I store the wine and liquor.
  18. DougB

Tornado Safe Room

I'm lucky. I have a masonry home, and the laundry room (in the basement) is under the garage (that has a reinforced 9" slab). It has block walls on all four sides.
  19. DougB

Supressed History

Life is wonderful: India's sanitation crisis: https://www.google.com/search?q=india+sanitation&rlz=1C1CAFB_enUS624US625&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqodmb4t3RAhUF94MKHT7aAj8QsAQIQw India's Downward Spiral Accelerates: "The Real Pain Is Just Beginning" Here are links to Part-I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks