Search results

1. Chad Schloss

where do I buy this vent?

notice the wording in the description of the item: Vent , not intake. If what the OP says he has is truly an intake for furnace make up air, that is the wrong product. It needs to have open, solid venting and not one that opens when air is forced out it, as in the above drier vent.
  2. Chad Schloss

AFCI breaker (in Wisconsin) needed for dedicated light circuit?

After I rewired my entire house, and have most everything on AFCI breakers (lights too) I had one detect a faulty ballast in a bedroom light fixture. It would trip here and there, not often, not too much really at all, just made me wonder why it was the only one that had the issue. (the only...
  3. Chad Schloss

Wax versus no-wax rings

I've used the oatey one on one install where I was replacing a toilet, and it had two stacked wax rings on it, due to the flange being below the finish tile floor. I tried wax, couldn't get a good seal I was comfortable with, the wax shifted, what a mess. The oatey one went on next, and it's...
  4. Chad Schloss

Trap/drain on disposer

Pretty sure the only option for you is to either go without a disposer, or redo the plumbing behind the wall and make the drain line lower to use a disposer. Not a plumber, but have done some extensive remodeling. Someone should chime in soon.
  5. Chad Schloss

Plumbing design software/programs

sketchup is nice, you can find a lot of templates and whatnot for it. http://www.sketchup.com/
  6. Chad Schloss

PB to PEX?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmYjHD_b410 PB does not appear to be a CTS size and they do make a conversion coupling.
  7. Chad Schloss

Propane Grill Regulator Problem??

I had one get water in it and freeze over the winter. It would light but not stay lit. replaced regulator and was repaired.
  8. Chad Schloss

Opinions on quick stab connections in can lights

I used 14 of them in my remodel. They worked good. I would check all premade connections, push the wires into the connector. I had a few that were not pushed in far enough for my liking.
  9. Chad Schloss

Schedule 30 for toilet drain?

" I do not know how you would use it for a complete indoors system" The fittings that I see on what is installed here do not have an adapter. They use sched 30 on two ends and sched 40 on another. like I see a 3x3x2 wye and the 3" portion is sched 30 and the 2" is sched 40. Just for FYI
  10. Chad Schloss

funny, it passed inspection in 2006 when it was built. it is sold at the big box stores locally and the pipe is labeled DWV ASTM-2949 i think EDIT: It's allowed per your .PDF under table 702.3
  11. Chad Schloss

It is legal here in Michigan. Our 2006 home used it along with Sched. 40. Would I change it over if I could? sure. This is made for household use, I have looked it up before. Genova i think is the manufacturer, or at least some of the fittings.
  12. Chad Schloss

The Most Time-Consuming Remodeling You Ever Embarked Upon

redo an entire house, top to bottom. 3 years ;) Finished last summer (for the most part, lol )
  13. Chad Schloss

Noise in shower head

"You sometimes have to instruct guests on how to activate it, though. " LOL ;) I went to visit my buddy in Kentucky and that's what he had to do, lol. I never saw one like that, but I like it though.
  14. Chad Schloss

Water for Icemaker

You shouldn't use copper after the water has been treated by a RO unit.
  15. Chad Schloss

Top Remoldeling Guides for 2012 - Houzz.com list

LOL I just found my rental kitchen on that site. I sent pictures of the cabinets to the place where I bought them and they must have submitted them to houzz.com pretty cool ;) http://www.houzz.com/photos/1195451/Autumn-Shaker-Cabinets-with-Decorative-Bar-Pulls-traditional-kitchen
  16. Chad Schloss

weird wiring and wierd voltages on 3 dual switches...

" It's actually 8 and 12 powering the first switches, and 10 and 14 powering the others" Those are respectively on the same phase. They will not trip the breaker. you have two different breakers supplying one switch, which is a mess in itself. JW was trying to tell you that if it were 8 and...
  17. Chad Schloss

weird wiring and wierd voltages on 3 dual switches...

obviously both those breakers are on the same feed or else the breakers would blow or the switch pass through would have melted long ago. who knows what you have there and why. If they do nothing, pull the wires from the breakers and cap them off there too.
  18. Chad Schloss

LED under cabinet lights

you might want to try this site. I bought two kitchen sets of 120v Xenon lights, but they offer LED lights in the same package. http://www.pegasuslighting.com/ http://www.pegasuslighting.com/led-thin-under-cabinet-task-lights.html
  19. Chad Schloss

Dimmers on 3-way

the leviton vizia 3 ways dim at either end. i installed 3 pairs of them in my rental house.
  20. Chad Schloss

3" Drain clean out

is the main line vertical or horizontal? if vertical , use a cleanout tee / test tee . if horizontal, use a combo or y and 1/8 bend. some i have seen even have a wye 1/8 bend in the opposite direction to cleanout both sides. i'm not a plumber but an avid diy'er. a plumber may come along to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks