Search results

1. V

Roots are stopping me from pulling my pump!

Thanks for your concerns, but I don’t think it’s that bad. As I stated the roots are in a very small area 40 feet down. The well is sealed to that point. That’s well below the dog crap line. I was present when the lower well was dug. The well driller even paid me $364.00 when his worker...
  2. V

I plan to put in a new pump; the roots are just in a small (maybe 1 foot) area 40 feet down in a 180 foot well. I think instead of spending $10,000.00+ I'll get a new pump down the hole and pump past those roots for another 16 years. I already have a second 400 foot well on the lower part of...
  3. V

Anybody? Any experience? So what I’m going to try is to cut a smaller heavy pipe about two feet long, sharpen the lower edge, weld some rope ties to it, and send it down the well to try and chop the roots. This will take me a couple of days to get to as I have lots of other work to do...
  4. V

I should add that the well was a pound down and is not straight. You can see down about 30 feet and then it curves. When the last guy set the last pump he tried to bail out the well with a 4” bail, but it would not go down. He put on a 3” bail and cleaned the well pulling about 4 feet of sand...
  5. V

Hello Everyone, I have pulled and placed a few pumps in the past, so I have a little experience. But with this one I have run into a snag (literally). The well is 160 - 180 feet deep I was present when the last pump was placed about 16 years ago. 1†schedule 80 pipe in 20 foot lengths...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks