Search results

1. A

PVC joint dry-fits too loose?

I'd tend to think the same way, hence my concern. If it was really tight, the fact that there was only 1.25" of overlap wouldn't be a big deal I think. I did some googling and saw that they make "deep closet flanges," but I wasn't able to find any specific model numbers or whether they are made...
  2. A

PVC joint dry-fits too loose?

I have a question regarding solvent welding PVC. I know that the joints are supposed to be a interference fit, i.e. they don't (easily) seat without the PVC cement. However, I have a Stainless/PVC toilet flange (a 4x3) that I intended to put on the 3" waste pipe coming out of my floor after I...
  3. A

Fixing a PVC to cast iron connection

I agree thats probably the BEST way, but at this point in my already-taking-way-too-long bathroom remodel I'd settle for a code-acceptable way rather than the best way :) The PVC is already stuck into the cast iron with oakum, which I'd have to remove and clean out very thoroughly if I wanted to...
  4. A

Anyone know if HD or big blue stock this "Soil Seal" stuff or do I have to check out a plumbing supply house?
  5. A

On further inspection, it looks like the slope might be okay... end near the toilet flange looks like its maybe 1/8" higher than near the cast iron, separated by about 8 inches. I was doing some searching and came up with something about using a lead wool to pack in the oakum instead of molten...
  6. A

I am re-doing a bathroom and I've been lurking on here for a while. Finally have a question that couldn't be answered by searching. I'm going to be tiling and changing the height of the floor, so I needed to cut off my toilet flange and install a new one a little bit higher (this will also let...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks