Search results

1. D

iron pipe wet vent okay?

Thanks Terry, I think it makes sense now. I included the revised picture below just in case someone is interested.
  2. D

iron pipe wet vent okay?

Thanks Terry, although I have seen that diagram several times, it wasn't until I read what you wrote that it made more sense. I revised my picture to what I think is a better arrangement, and I think I can still squeeze it into the space I have. I show a main stack wye hooked into a sanitary...
  3. D

iron pipe wet vent okay?

Yeah, I thought that might be bad since it is pointing upstream. I can't possibly pipe it with the wye the other direction though. Can I use a side outlet tee or a sanitary tee for the toilet vent instead of the wye? If the 4x4x3 san tee with a 2" side inlet is illegal, I could go with a wye...
  4. D

iron pipe wet vent okay?

Drawing of pvc replacement Thanks for the reply. I guess that the original fitting is really not vented correctly. Assuming that I can get the thing cut out, I would like to replace it with PVC. I made up a drawing of what I want to replace it with (black pipe is the original iron). I...
  5. D

iron pipe wet vent okay?

We are planning to finish out our third floor with some dormers and a new bathroom. The house originally had just a first and second floor bathroom, and all the plumbing is old cast iron. The first floor toilet has a 2" vent coming vertically out of the behemoth iron fitting, and it goes up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks