Search results

1. i'm my own troublemaker

Laundry room rough in with drain pan

Hello all Always turn to this site for any matters plumbing related and I have a new item on the “Honey Do” list. Going to relocate laundry into a second floor old bedroom in our split level. Waste and dryer power and PEX supply will all be run through interior 2x4 walls down to basement...
  2. i'm my own troublemaker

venting required for 2 new basement floor drains?

terry - thanks for the quick reply... trap primers and 42" ht. was the plan. is the vent connection point ok? i was thinking to use a 3/3/3/1.5 if i can find one. the 3" waste stack has a 2" vent line running beside it all the way up to the 2nd fl and has laundry, bathroom, etc. going...
  3. i'm my own troublemaker

venting required for 2 new basement floor drains?

hello again excellent forum - thanks again for the help provided. basement floor drains is today's question. while the floor is ripped up as i finish the interior waterproofing w/Platon & weeping tile, i need to remove an old unvented floor drain, but was planning to use the connection to the...
  4. i'm my own troublemaker

Vent a Basement Floor Drain with an AAV?

hello all need to add a basement floor drain under some Platon inside waterproof membrane in the cold cellar. It will catch very occasional drainage through an old concrete block foundation, with a trap primer. Wondering if I can vent the floor drain with an AAV? I would run the vent line...
  5. i'm my own troublemaker

Please Assist!! Adding second vent/soil stack

am i getting closer? hj / terry thanks for you insight so far. had a plumber in today - estimate with supply lines was $5k + so i will be powering on solo. i revised the sketch and vents based on ontario code re wet vents, etc. take a look and let me know your thoughts. cheers
  6. i'm my own troublemaker

still trying thanks guys... getting closer. Ontario building code says no vents if within 5ft of the line, but i have redirected the kitchen drain line as per your comments. existing bathroom on second flr is of course already vented into that separate soil stack. i made some modifications...
  7. i'm my own troublemaker

hello all i am adding a second 3" vent/soil stack in the south end of the house. main vent/soil stack is in the middle of the house about 25ft downstream. previous owners installed WC, bathtub, vanity in basement with no venting. since i am redoing 2nd floor room, main floor kitchen, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks