Search results

1. das108

Sewage--How big is this problem?

Looking for a gut check. We knew we likely had a clogged or leaky main sewage line, which runs under our deck. Crew tore up the deck and started trenching on the end closest to the house. Its PVC to cast iron, junction maybe 3 feet down. When they left yesterday it was clear there was a...
  2. das108

ST743 tank Toto Model?

Hi all: I need to replace the valve in a Toto that has a "surge" filling problem (had this in other toilets in the house too, but haven't dealt with this one since we moved in). Can someone ID the model so I can be sure I get the right part? I assume what I need is either the Korky silver cap...
  3. das108

Toto -- help IDing and parts to fix

Hi all: Now dealing with the second Toto in our new house (new to us; ToMto is probably from around 2005). Longstanding problem was that it was filling in bursts rather than smoothly, and there was clearly all sorts of sediment in the tank. Then it started running continuously a few days...
  4. das108

Toto running after new valve, flapper

Ugh. Back for more help with the same Toto after this thread (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-iding-toto-model.70968/) . I got the silver cap new valve and the Fluidmaster Universal 3" flapper. Installed both with little trouble, and I thought all was fine. That was...
  5. das108

Help IDing Toto Model

Hi all: Moved into a new house with a Toto toilet. It's been not filling and/or running. I need to replace the flapper I am pretty sure, and possibly the valve also. But I can't figure out the model # to make sure I get the right thing. There is absolutely nothing printed inside the tank...
  6. das108

Extremely odd toilet behavior

Hi all: I am hoping someone here can shed some light on this situation. I have a third floor condo in DC. I have a mid-range Kohler toilet. In the last month or so, my toilet has, for lack of a better term, thrown up periodically. I've never been in the room when it happened, but...
  7. das108

Stray current?

Hi all: Hoping you can help put me on the right track here, but I know the solution does is unlikely to be DIY here. (You just helped me solve a simple upside down Moen cartridge) Lived in this condo for about 4 years. Noticed about a week ago that if i touched by stainless steel kitchen...
  8. das108

Moen Posi-Temp....almost but not quite

Hi all. see picture attached of the installation of the cartridge. From other pictures I've seen here that is right. My problem is fitting together the key stop/limit stop/handle adapter properly. basically, just using the handle adapter it starts at 6 o'clock being off, going clockwise...
  9. das108

New valve/faucets w/Ace Duraflow coating in place

Hi all: Replacing the existing valve (and trim) for a tub/shower in a building with copper supply lines that were treated about 7 years ago with the Ace Duraflo epoxy lining process and not sure what my options are. I know that I can't sweat for any new changes because it melts the...
  10. das108

At wits end with toilet.

Hi all: Brand new Kohler Wellworth toilet. Moderately rusty 4" cast iron drain line and flange in a 3rd story condo. Several installation attempts with new toilet resulted in leaking in the back of the base; definetly not sweating or tank seal leak. Went out and bought a Ferno Wax Free...
  11. das108

iron P trap replacement

Hi all: I'm starting to put the bathroom back together after a full gut. Concrete slab, 3rd floor condo. I've removed a 60x30 steel tub and have a new 60x30 Kohler (deeper, acrylic) along with their PVC drain kit. The old overflow, tailpipe, T are iron (I'm fairly sure), and of course...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks