Search results

1. Herrada

Toto toilet very disappointing quality

Well, I hope all of you are correct and these are just some nasty scale deposits. Will try some of the products mentioned. I will not use pumice, or any harsh mechanical abrasive as I know that's not good for the CEFIONTECT. I was under the impression that that stuff like this wouldn't adhere...
  2. Herrada

Toto toilet very disappointing quality

A few years ago, in part due to the recommendations here, I installed a TOTO Aimes One Piece High Efficiency CEFIONTECT Toilet. Nice design. Works pretty well. For the price I expected quality. I installed the toilet in a guest bath that is rarely used. It is not flushed very often at all...
  3. Herrada

Bath/Powder Rm addition -- drain/plumbing issues

Thanks. That seems like a very expensive proposition. To run a new drain line to the tank I'd have to run a line out 20-30 feet across the front through a garden, then down the front of the yard another 60 feet, dodging trees and bushes. Maybe I just think that will be really expensive. Is it...
  4. Herrada

THanks for the response. Unfortunately, I'd have to open up the wall to find out the size of the laundry drain. The next closest drain is about 18 feet away on the other side of the Kitchen (Kitchen sink) -- and this being a slab foundation would seem to make that option virtually impossible...
  5. Herrada

I need to add a Powder Room (or possibly a 3/4 bath). The only realistic space to do this is an area off a hallway that is between the garage and main house. Location is best explained by a drawing, which I am including below. The walls are in part existing exterior walls of the house and in...
  6. Herrada

Floor of Remodeled Bathroom Unlevel - Toilet slopes and I fall off of it. :-)

Shooting's too good for 'em. Make him fix it or sue him. That is totally unacceptable.
  7. Herrada

Toto help! the New Aimes toilet.

Looks like they might be having supply problems with this one. I ordered it on 11/30/10 in Cotton White, and it was supposed to be in stock. A few days later they told me it was back ordered and it would be 3-4 weeks. Now they just told me it would be another 2-3 weeks. I wonder what I'm...
  8. Herrada

Great. So I can assume that my shutoff at 5" to the left of center (and 5" high) should work.
  9. Herrada

before I placed my order for the new Aimes toilet, I checked the installation instructions. They appear to me the same instructions as for the other one piece skirted toilets. My question is how critical is the requirement for the position of the supply. the instructions say that it should be...
  10. Herrada

The Aimes is really nice. Modern and classic at the same time. I was going to get the Carlyle, then I just saw the Aimes on the Toto website. I was wondering why I hadn't seen it before. Unfortunately, it is so new I can't find it anywhere yet. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be too much...
  11. Herrada

Shortest compact elongated? Anyone happy with the Happy D?

I'ce been curious about the Duravit Happy D. close-coupled elongated toilet as well. The couple of inches that it might save are very beneficial in a small bath. But how does it work? Some comments on-line suggest the water use has gone from 1.6 gal to 1.28 gallons per flush. The Duravit...
  12. Herrada

Installation of Skirted Toto toilets -- a question

Yeah, maybe i am being a little paranoid. ;-) But I've seen enough stupid things in this house that it makes sense to question everything. I wouldn't put heating pipe between the toilet drain and the wall, but then I didn't build the house. The only think that would be more stupid is...
  13. Herrada

Installation of Skirted Toto toilets -- a question

I have a question about the installation of some of the skirted Toto toilets, such as the Carlyle II, Soiree II, and Vespin II. The installation of these generally require the attaching a Unifit adapter to the floor with 4 screws. I am wondering if this is appropriate for all types of floors...
  14. Herrada

Kohler K-3564 Saile, Koher Strela vs Toto Aquia

Kohler Saile and Strela toilets? Anyone know if the Kohler dual flush Saile (one-peice) and Strela (2 peice) toilets are any good? The look good, are really compact (Saile tank is like only 11" wide) and are dual flush but are they any good? How do they compare to the Toto's in performance...
  15. Herrada

A letter from American Standard

I'm sorry, but a "Senior Vice President and General Counsel" sending a letter like that is ridiculous. It must be hard to get good help these days. Doesn't she have a clue about what would happen if she sent letter like that?? All she did is more damage, and reinforced any negative perception...
  16. Herrada

Toto Ultramax, Ultramax II, and Eco Ultramax

OK. There is the Toto Ultramax, Ultramax II and the Eco UltraMax. I can't really get a handle on the difference in performance between them. The UltraMax is 1.6 gal, while the UltraMax II and the Eco UltraMax is 1.28 gal. Should we expect a significant difference in overall performance...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks