Search results

1. mz4wheeler

Installation of Tankless Water Heater: Candid opinions needed

I too was thinking about getting a tankless unit. Latest technology I thought... That is UNTIL Master Plumber Mark smacked my head. Now I realize that my 50 gal unit is fine, and I know in ten years that I can just go to home depot and pick up another unit and install it in 2 hours if needed.
  2. mz4wheeler

Any Hydronic Heating System Experts Here?

I'll post a whole series of photos soon (hopefully tonight) of my system. Thanks
  3. mz4wheeler

Leaking copper pipe with green crap.

From this discussion I take it that it's pretty important to clean off the flux. Is there some product that is favored to neutralize the flux to prevent future corrosion? What about pipes that already have green crap but are not yet leaking? Is there a product to prevent additional corrosion...
  4. mz4wheeler

Procrastination is the thief of time. Actually, I discovered this leak when I re-insulated the sauna a few months ago. The pipe is right above the sauna. I thought I may have started the leak by bumping the pipe, although it may have been leaking before we got the house. The leak was so slow...
  5. mz4wheeler

I fingured so, but I couldn't even get the copper to sweat on the outside! I figured that it was because the water residue in the pipe was keeping it cool. If I used my new MAPP gas torch, it probably would have worked. Anyway, I'm happy I had to buy that new torch... Now I can impress my...
  6. mz4wheeler

Any Hydronic Heating System Experts Here?

As part of remodeling my basement, I've added about 100 ft of type M 3/4" copper to expand my hydronic heating systems to a couple of rooms. A hydronic heating system is water based, closed loop, with a central boiler. A small pump circulates the water to various "zones" of the house. The...
  7. mz4wheeler

It probably woould have worked if I used a MAPP torch. I used propane which really sucked. I bought a new MAPP torch today and it really kicks ass! Thanx
  8. mz4wheeler

It's FIXED!! Well, it wasn't easy, especially taking the old pipe apart, but I managed to fix it. I attached a photo of the result. Be kind, I'm a computer guy by trade [grin]. I have once again have regained the faith of my wife. However, I must say... Sawing off the old pipe section...
  9. mz4wheeler

Changing Careers

Just buy an old house to keep you busy with this and that, and keep your 9-5. I also am in the IT business which pays the bills and I find it comforting to know that on wet/rainy/hot days I can make money sitting in an office. With my own house I've had to replace a roof, do plumbing...
  10. mz4wheeler

Hmm.. Well, I *TRIED* the easy way, and the solder would't stick for nothing, even after shining up the pipe and fluxing the hell out of it [grin]. Time was running out so I gave up and I'll cut it out tonight and replace the 90. After I re-pressurized the pipe, it leaked a little worse...
  11. mz4wheeler

Are you saying that I could resolder the pipe?
  12. mz4wheeler

Thanks to all for the advice. I think I need to pull off the old 90 (If I can) and put in a new one... If I can. This fitting is recessed about 2 feet and I may not be able to reach it. I barely had room for the camera [grin]. I did learn something new... The green stuff is flux. Need to...
  13. mz4wheeler

I've attached 3 photos of my main water pipe with a SUPER SLOW leak. One drip every 10 minutes or so. It has green corroded stuff all around. In the photo, it is the top joint, the smaller 3/4" pipe with the 90 degree angle. My question is, can I simply shut off the main water, drain the...
  14. mz4wheeler

Replace basement sewage ejector system

Wow. Building a DAM is a great idea!!! I did some experimenting on what would happen if the motor failed. I unplugged it and flushed the toilet a few times. It eventually failed to flush and backed up at the toilet. The lid was fine. However, if it failed while washing clothes, I believe...
  15. mz4wheeler

Replace basement sewage ejector system - FIXED!! More photos. Thats it! Mike
  16. mz4wheeler

Replace basement sewage ejector system - FIXED!! More photos
  17. mz4wheeler

Replace basement sewage ejector system - FIXED!! Well, after receiving advice on this forum and a so-called "plumber" who visited my house and chickened out, I decided to tackle this job myself. I knew that it wouldn't be easy, and it took me a LONG time to finally decide once and for all to...
  18. mz4wheeler

[Getting a little scared]... Are you suggesting that the sewage pit is just a concrete pit and with a metal lid? Can you tell from the photo if this is a metal tank? I assumed that it was. When these things were installed 30 years ago did they just dig a big hole below the basement, put...
  19. mz4wheeler

I put that "great stuff" on the top of the tank to seal some of the smell... And this really helped alot. But still............... [grin].
  20. mz4wheeler

Hmmm... Well, all of this has be reconsidering the whole job [grin]... I've attached two photos of what I'm talking about. A REAL plumber is coming over today to look at it. Hopefully he's one of those "beginners" [grin]. Mike
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks