Search results

1. gilmil

pipe hangers 1" copper

I was over my parent's place this weekend and my dad sent me down to the basement to checkout their pipe hangers. It turns out that the majority of the plastic J pipe hangers holding the heating pipes up are broken. The heat pipes are mostly 1" and make about a 70 foot run (long long ranch)...
  2. gilmil

Radiator piping

HJ, Thanks for sharing your knowledge. All of the second floor valves are like that. They'll probably stay that way until I get really bored in the summertime. Then maybe I'll attempt to replace them with something more efficient. It would have to be above the floor and therefore would make...
  3. gilmil

ProPex Fitting Distributors

Like I said, my local plumbing shop carries everything one could ever need. Have you stopped by your local plumbing supply house? Where are you located? -Gil
  4. gilmil

ProPex Fitting Distributors

I buy most of my fittings from the local plumbing supply house. -Gil
  5. gilmil

toilet flange question

You follow me correctly the stub of pipe would stick up 1 1/4" and the flange would be solvent welded to that stub.
  6. gilmil

toilet flange question

The distance from the top of the elbow to the top of the floor ranges from 1.25 to 1.5 inches. Therefore the only amount of pipe that can be put in above the elbow is 1.25 inches, and the only amount of flange which can be below the floor around the 3" pipe is 1.25 inches. Either way seems like...
  7. gilmil

toilet flange question

Thanks. I've got an over the pipe type flange and some 3" pipe. I'm going to have to cut the length of the flange down to actually fit, I guess that's okay?
  8. gilmil

toilet flange question

Local supply shop said they had never heard of such fitting. They stock souix chief fittings. Any idea where I can get the fitting you mention?
  9. gilmil

toilet flange question

Awesome thanks! I'll stop by the local plumbing supply house. They make one that'll fit a 3" elbow ?
  10. gilmil

toilet flange question

We had our bathroom roughed in, then tiled. When all's said and done we're left with a 3" elbow that's 1.25" below the grade of the floor. I have a flange that will fit into the 3" elbow, but it seems like only a depth of 1/2 to 3/4" of PVC will be glued. The plumbing was planned for 1/4" backer...
  11. gilmil

routing drain lines, IPC

The layout was the original to the house, or at least was galvanized drain pipe and some brass water pipes. The drain for the tub is at that end because there is a window on the other end of the tub. We decided to keep the layout the same, but it was brought up to code.
  12. gilmil

Radiator piping

Wally, The house was built in 1928-29 and the radiators/piping going to them appears to be original. I'm not sure why they used them upstairs either. I have to replace one of the radiators, and the valve has some issue and is no longer available. I guess I'll just plumb the replacement in a...
  13. gilmil

Radiator piping

downstairs valve upstairs valve upstairs valve take 2
  14. gilmil

Radiator piping

All of the hot water radiators on the second floor of our house (1929 construction) have a valve, then a tee on the same side of the radiator. The water comes in from the vale, through a center passage of the tee and into the radiator. I assume the cold water is then forced out through the...
  15. gilmil

routing drain lines, IPC

After reading some posts I'm going to work on a 3D diagram of this and post it sometime soon.
  16. gilmil

routing drain lines, IPC

Hi There, My wife and I are redoing our upstairs bathroom due to several mistakes made by the prior owners. The most major of which was cutting two floor joists in half in order to perform a plumbing repair: ! Here's a horrible drawing of the bathroom layout and the plumbing the way that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks