Search results

1. dy

Any suggestions would be appreciated BAD SMELL IN HOUSE!

It doesn't smell in the drum at all, the smell is coming from behind it, in the wall. There is nothing underneath the washer and dryer either.
  2. dy

----------------------------- municipal water no expansion tank I looked back behind the washer and dryer and the smell seems to be coming from behind it, maybe behind the wall, more on the dryer side. But its hard to tell exactly because the whole room smells so bad. Its not coming from one of...
  3. dy

All of a sudden we have a terrible smell (like a dose of strong dirty dish towels sitting for ages) that's coming from behind new washer or dryer. There is no water on the floor, and the washer and dryer do not smell inside the drums. Dryer vent goes out the roof. The duct is free from lint...
  4. dy

cast iron pipe is leaking in our crawlspace right under the toilet. Does this mean

hey..thanks for replying I did go in my 4ft crawlspace and saw the large black cast iron pipe leaking close to the elbow part. The toilet is right above there. The leak was leaking quit a bit..more like a flowing leak,not a drip drip one for sure. Once the clog is fixed, will it not leak...
  5. dy

cast iron pipe is leaking in our crawlspace right under the toilet. Does this mean

cast iron pipe is leaking in our crawlspace right under the toilet. Does this mean its clogged and needs to be snaked out? will that stop the leaking water from the cast iron pipe. When you flush the toilet it starts to leak..like a flowing leak right away. help! any thoughts would be...
  6. dy

HELP! Toilet bolt fell down Waste Pipe

Ok, my goal was to replace the wax ring...well because the toilet is so difficult to align with the bolts, the toilet shifted and knocked one of the bolts down the waste pipe. I do not see the bolt in the pipe. My shop vac isn't to powerful to retrive it. Any suggestions on how I can the...
  7. dy

How do I replace a cast iron flange?

I got new bolts, and they keep spinning too. I dont think they are the right size , or do they have different sizes? they were the standard ones that come in with the wax ring.
  8. dy

How do I replace a cast iron flange?

How do I replace a cast iron flange? It is welded on I think. I removed the screws and it of course didnt come off. I have a new PVC one, but not sure how to get this flange off. The bolts are corroded and old and just keep spinning, so I need to replace it.
  9. dy

how to get water out of copper pipe to solder it properly

pinhole leaks in copper pipes - soldering I have managed to clear the pipe of water, we are on the last fitting. I removed a piece of the old pipe and replaced it with new. I am trying to connect a new piece with the existing old pipe. Prior to doing this i did encounter a pinhole leak. just...
  10. dy

pinhole leaks in copper pipes - soldering I have managed to clear the pipe of water, we are on the last fitting. I removed a piece of the old pipe and replaced it with new. I am trying to connect a new piece with the existing old pipe. Prior to doing this i did encounter a pinhole leak. just...
  11. dy

All the soldering with the copper pipes has been going ok. But theres one pipe that seems to be giving us a problem. How do you solder the copper pipe with water in it. We have tried sucking the water out with a straw..but that didnt seem to work. It will not solder with even the slightest...
  12. dy

Help! how to take off old Gopher tub Faucet handles

Hi I am looking for advice help, steps on how to remove the old faucet from my bathtub. The make is "Gopher" It is a 3 handle Hot - Shower - Cold I would like to replace the unit with a new one. I would love to replace it with a single unit, but not sure how complicated that would be. How...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks