Search results

1. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

Just a little update on my Well Pump Pipe Banging Problem... I went ahead and purchased the Cycle Stop Valve and installed , but still am plagued with the banging of my pipes upon pump shutdown. Other than a nicer shower and the pump not coming on quite so much,( and some of that might be...
  2. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

Thanks again, Cary! Since they are a wholesaler, I'll have to go through my plumber- but will do so on Monday Morn! They have the CSV150. SoThat's what we'll go with. I'll let you know what happens once I put it on. Fred
  3. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

P.s. I looked up the site you suggested and it does look like something I could do - as long as it is above ground! Water Hammer is pretty frightening when you consider the power that is represented during the cycle! I would like to run and get one of these CSV valves today, if possible...
  4. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

Well Pipes Banging Thanks , "Valveman" ! I appreciate the fast response. Is the CSV valve something I could install on my lines in the basement (me?) or would that have to be done in the well itself (the well guy)? I can fix just about anything- but I can't raise 200 ft of pipe...I'm just...
  5. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

I am not a plumber nor a well man (in more ways than one...), but I've managed to fix just about anything that has needed fixing in my life -EXCEPT this problem. I have banging pipes (one-two clunks) after my well pump shuts down. I have a typical old farm house well- replaced within the last...