Search results

1. exeunt

Options for a misaligned p-trap

So after having walls plastered, and the bathroom mostly done, we finally bought a vanity and found that now we have a shelf/drawer in place where the P-trap normally resided. Now the outlet is about 2" lower than it should be to support the p-trap in the new configuration. So, what options...
  2. exeunt

First real plumbing inspection

Had my first real plumbing inspection ever on my new shower installation and it passed! He said he was glad to see the 2" pipe, the vent and the path I took to the stack. I took him through a few of the potential designs that guys on this forum "corrected" me on, and he said that the way it...
  3. exeunt

Kerdi vs Provamat drain?

Someone on **** was selling off their remaining Kerdi equipment so I grabbed some. He claims that they as a reseller have switched to ProvaMat due to lots of Kerdi failures recently. He claimed that many plumbers were making the switch. Any truth to this? I've got Kerdi and the tray now...
  4. exeunt

Existing 1/2"

So I'm 95% of the way through the plumbing on our new shower and was about to T off my existing line when I thought I wanted to check with someone about supply capacity. I currently have a '73 house with 3/4" copper feeding the house, going through our water softener and then splitting off...
  5. exeunt

Test ball / balloons?

So I'm finally finishing up the new DWV pipes and am preparing for an inspection. First I wanted to do my own water test, and I installed a test tee at the bottom of where my new plumbing joins the existing plubming. I've been to Home Hardware, Home Depot and Lowes and not only do they not have...
  6. exeunt

Proper fitting question

I'm adding a new shower with a 2" drain, and would like to drain it into an existing 3" stack to the basement. The 3" is wet vented, and comes from a few toilets and a sink. The accessible area for the 3" ABS is fairly limited, and I can really only access the corner. Would it be proper for...
  7. exeunt

Extra vent required?

I'm installing a new shower into an existing washroom, however the vent stack for the existing drainage is located across the open room, which will end up being more than 6 feet away from the shower drain. However, where the shower drain is joining the drainage system is in between the down...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks