Search results

1. exeunt

Options for a misaligned p-trap

Alright, choice made, shelf cut. Thanks everyone
  2. exeunt

Well, I haven't quite slept on it, but I think I understand what you're saying. Researching ADA drain doesn't find me much in terms of imagery, except highlighting shower pans. Offset I think gives me a better idea. Effectively I think what you're saying is that I can install a 90 elbow from...
  3. exeunt

A tubular p-trap would be one without a clean-out valve? The complexity here is that the shelf isn't just a shelf, its the top of a pull-out drawer, making the drawer, or at least part of it useless since anything in line with that trap would hit it whenever the drawer was closed. I hate to...
  4. exeunt

So after having walls plastered, and the bathroom mostly done, we finally bought a vanity and found that now we have a shelf/drawer in place where the P-trap normally resided. Now the outlet is about 2" lower than it should be to support the p-trap in the new configuration. So, what options...
  5. exeunt

First real plumbing inspection

Not sure what you're seeing in the picture, there are some shadows in there so it might look odd. The P-Trap leads perpendicular to the joist through it, then makes a 90 degree left turn using 1 90 piece to the wall, where its connected to the vertical 2" stack you see there which leads upwards...
  6. exeunt

First real plumbing inspection

Had my first real plumbing inspection ever on my new shower installation and it passed! He said he was glad to see the 2" pipe, the vent and the path I took to the stack. I took him through a few of the potential designs that guys on this forum "corrected" me on, and he said that the way it...
  7. exeunt

Test ball / balloons?

lol.. well i called for a plumbing inspection and asked if i needed a pressure test. he said no, that if it looked ok i shouldn't need one. i'd still feel more comfortable with my work if i could test it, but perhaps i'll just load up a hose to the rough in and like it go for a while.
  8. exeunt

Kerdi vs Provamat drain?

Someone on **** was selling off their remaining Kerdi equipment so I grabbed some. He claims that they as a reseller have switched to ProvaMat due to lots of Kerdi failures recently. He claimed that many plumbers were making the switch. Any truth to this? I've got Kerdi and the tray now...
  9. exeunt

Test ball / balloons?

After calling 4 different supply stores, I'm just going to order one from the other side of the country. Suprisingly the supply stores hadn't even heard of test balls / balloons. They only carried test plugs. What an odd experience.
  10. exeunt

Existing 1/2"

I know in some cases codes change, and doing renovations require you to follow those codes. I was concerned that I might be breaking a new code. I'm thinking of running the dedicated 1/2" down to the basement, that way in the future if it was a problem, I could introduce the 3/4" in the...
  11. exeunt

Existing 1/2"

So I'm 95% of the way through the plumbing on our new shower and was about to T off my existing line when I thought I wanted to check with someone about supply capacity. I currently have a '73 house with 3/4" copper feeding the house, going through our water softener and then splitting off...
  12. exeunt

Test ball / balloons?

So I'm finally finishing up the new DWV pipes and am preparing for an inspection. First I wanted to do my own water test, and I installed a test tee at the bottom of where my new plumbing joins the existing plubming. I've been to Home Hardware, Home Depot and Lowes and not only do they not have...
  13. exeunt

Proper fitting question

Looks like I have some thinking to do. Not being a plumber myself I don't know what would pass code. Some people have said that if it goes horizontal below the flood line that would be against code. Since I'm not actually attaching it to the 3" line on the 2nd floor any more, I may do as...
  14. exeunt

Proper fitting question

That might in fact be the way I need to go.. That's a good idea.. Vertical may not be a problem for me since it seems that when they built my house, they built the ceiling in the washroom below an extra 6" lower, giving me more room :) Considering the inspector won't even tell me its wrong...
  15. exeunt

Proper fitting question

Thanks for taking the time to draw the diagram. That's effectively what I plan on doing, which unforutnately means a few feet of horizontal (but sloped) venting before it gets to the vertical at the nearest wall and up towards venting. The inspector issuing my permit basically told me they...
  16. exeunt

Proper fitting question

Considering there's no wall available between the drain and the stack going down to the basement, how is it possible to vent in this scenario? Consider a drain that goes down to the basement 3 feet away, but is in the middle of a room, how can you vent this?
  17. exeunt

Proper fitting question

Apparently all of our building inspectors are on injury leave, so I've been waiting for 3 weeks to get the plans reviewed. Should be hearing from them soon though. Thanks
  18. exeunt

Proper fitting question

I honestly don't see how I can avoid this situation.. The drain is in the middle of a shower stall, the drain is 3 feet away, during which there are no walls. The vent for that drain is on the other side of the actual drain from the shower. Since the vent is on the other side of the drain...
  19. exeunt

Proper fitting question

I completely agree, especially since sawing out the right angle will probably not leave me enough pipe to get another corner piece in. Unfortunately, to connect in below the right angle on the vertical would probably require me to open up a wall in the washroom below. Alternatively, I could...
  20. exeunt

Proper fitting question

In this case its just over 3 feet, but it sounds like it would need an additional vent anyway since the opposite vent is behind a toilet.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks