Search results

1. alwaysfine

Need help with plumbing for washer, NSPC

Thanks for the info. I do have a dedicated vent to the roof. It was Sunday and I wanted to get it done since I had an inspection scheduled for Monday. I should have thought of it sooner but got it done in time for an ok. It was 8' in this area. Thanks again.
  2. alwaysfine

I am finally getting back to this project and have a quick question. I have put in a washer box and decided to run 2" PVC through the studs to the back wall, make a 90 deg turn left and go another 7 feet to a new drain outlet. All is pitched 1/4" per foot. However, my vent for the basement to...
  3. alwaysfine

What is needed for new water heater in new location?

Thanks for the information. I have been looking at direct vent models of Bradford heaters so that I will not be sucking internal air from the house. I have the opportunity to do it now so I may as well. I will also make sure that I insulate the pipes. I know all these changes will improve the...
  4. alwaysfine

What is needed for new water heater in new location?

I will be doing some repiping in the basement sometime in the future. I would like to relocate the HW heater to the other end of the house. In reality this proposed location would be the shortest distance to all hot water sources and was probably only located at the other end of house due to a...
  5. alwaysfine

Thanks for your reply. I am looking to do it right so I have a few more questions. How hard would it be to replace the 1 1/2' trap with a 2" trap? The wye going into the 3" drain seems to be the main problem. If I cut the 3" pipe above the wye and unsweat the bottom, how do I get new pieces...
  6. alwaysfine

When I moved into my house 37 yrs ago, there was a vent to the outside for a dryer and a 1.5" p-trap for the washer(pic #2). There have been a few washers & dryers during that time but all have used these connections. By that I mean the washer drain hose was placed directly into the 1.5" p-trap...
  7. alwaysfine

Water Meter Pusating Noise?

The noise you are hearing is not the water meter itself. I have had this problem numerous times when turning on the sprinkler for the first time in the year or after draining it for work during the season. It is usually caused by air getting stuck at one of the valves at one of your zones and...
  8. alwaysfine

Installing new toilet flange in concrete

Thanks for the replies. I have added the pics of what I am doing for your review. I am adding a sewage pump with a 3" line from toilet to pump. Vanity drains down and the vent goes up from there. It will meet the vent from the sewage pump and go up to the roof when complete. The other pipe (p...
  9. alwaysfine

Installing new toilet flange in concrete

I am installing a new bathroom in my basement. I have cut the concrete and am now installing all drainage and vent lines but am unsure what the best way is to install the closet flange. I am roughing in all sewage lines now. After all lines are in I will refill dirt and refinish any removed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks