Search results

1. scri8e

Tub drain plunger broken off

I have a reported, (15 year tenant called it in, no I haven't looked at it yet) plunger type tub stopper that is broken off. The kind that you remove the cover plate that is the flip switch for the tub drain operation. You remove the 2 screws on the cover plate pull it away from the tub wall...
  2. scri8e

Enzyme Or? To Dissolve mineral deposits incoming hot water pipes

Is there a Enzyme to dissolve mineral deposits on incoming hot water pipes? If there is a enzyme how do you get it into the system? Is there another way to dissolve the mineral deposit build up in incoming hot water pipes besides replacing the pipes? I have a hard water mineral deposit build up...
  3. scri8e

Fiberglass Shower Tub surround Joist show through?

This is a apartment turn over between tenants. I've never seen this before? The pattern of the joists behind the fiberglass shell have made a imprint on the surround walls. What causes this? Anyone know? Am I going to find rot behind there? Joists vaporized? I have until the 15th to make this...
  4. scri8e

Toilet flange too high not level

The toilet flange is too high and it is not level. It's thick gauge steel. Appears to be soddered on with lead. Had a torch in my plumbing box but no matches. Tenant lent me a lighter and tried to get the flange off. Torch didn't touch it. That flange isn't budging for nuthin. So it must be...
  5. scri8e

Sterling Tub Shower surround walls only

1.) Sterling Tub Shower surround walls only. Where can I find the part number for a sterling 3 piece tub/shower surround walls only? 2.) When cutting away the current cement lath/plaster what is the best tool to use? Saws all? Will I be able to get a decent cut where the surround stops...
  6. scri8e

Tub/Shower Convert from 3 handle to one

This is a 10 unit apartment building. 5 units up 5 units down. I have a turn over in #5 meaning the past tenant has moved out so I am doing some upgrades in between renters. This building was built in 1965. I am in Long Beach CA. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo with 3 handles. Hot and...
  7. scri8e

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted shower valve assembly. It leaks from the shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold...
  8. scri8e

Re-Surface Fiberglass Tub/Shower 1piece Shell

I am a Landlord. I'm having a rough time findig a product to re-surface a fiberglass tub/shower 1 piece shell. It has been painted before from a past owner of the property and it was not a good quality job/product. Looks like they used marine paint. It is peeling off in large chunks as big as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks