Search results

1. harveymasons

question on orphaned water heater

sorry for the double post, i didn't reslize this forum had a specific board for water heaters.... you guys are the pros and hoping you can hep me with this issue.... had a home inspection done on a house we are looking to buy, turns out owners put a new direct vent furnace in 6...
  2. harveymasons

question on water heater venting (orphaned water heater)

you guys are the pros and hoping you can hep me with this issue.... had a home inspection done on a house we are looking to buy, turns out owners put a new direct vent furnace in 6 months ago so basically the water heater is only gas appliance venting through original chimney now. There...
  3. harveymasons

question on leaking tub drain, can I get this part?

Hi everyone, I have a 2nd floor tub that is leaking. the reason is this: on the tub there is a metal washer piece that sits on the tub against the drain it is slightly domed/dished (this is on the tub itself not underneath. It has come loose and actually broke and now there is about a...
  4. harveymasons

question on size of toilet

Hi everyone, I have a toilet size issue I hope someone can help me with. I had a friend install a new toilet to replace a cracked old one and it turns out the new one he had to install on an angle because the inward door swing would hit the bowl. He installed it anyway b/c he didn't want to...
  5. harveymasons

Great way to clean cast iron sewer lines and more

Hi Froddan, That picture is Very different then what I originally was describing before we got off on a moral discussion tangent. That picture is a common drum snake which clears clogged drains and sewer lines by various different cutting heads that are put on the front. IF you have a pipe...
  6. harveymasons

Cass, Enough w/ the morals already. You really need to let this go so the forum can get back to it's educational self. You don't know me and again I ask you to show me where I have clearly stated that I would not disclose this info. Guess what?? you can't, so please knock it off with the...
  7. harveymasons

ot AMEN!!! What started out as a helpful tip not intended specifically for Plumbers but and avid DIYer has turned into a silly battle of morals, dragging in home inspectors, plumbers, buyers, sellers This has spiraled way out of control and I hope we can end this right here. regards, Harvey
  8. harveymasons

"Case histories of landlords constantly passing the buck, screwing new property owners" If one does their due dilligence one cannot be screwed Rugged. Please post these case studies you speak about.... I certainly will not hold my breath. People have lived with bellies in their pipe for...
  9. harveymasons

My dearest rugged, You must really be unhappy in your profession to make silly posts and lash out like you do. Talk about dishonest people? I can rattle of 5 instances where plumbers have been dishonest w/ me and wanted to do work that wasn't warranted. Bu I won't make a blanket statement...
  10. harveymasons

Oh cass, come on now, defect schmefect. I wouldn't call it a defect. Preventative maintenance is what I am doing. All pipes clog now and again and no pipe goes without some settling after 50-75 years of service. D0 you expect your galvanized piping to last forever? At some point they will...
  11. harveymasons

sorry rugged, no disclosure laws of that nature exist in my state :) Most older pipes have settled to some degree. It is rare to find a pipe over 50 years old still in tip top shape. Homebuyers should do their due dillegence before buying a house 50+ years of age and should not rely on...
  12. harveymasons

As an avid reader for years on this forum I'd like to give back to it by posting a great way I came up with to clean out clogged or backup up sewer lines, this application can also be used on smaller 2 or 3 inch lines as well. There has been a wealth of info on these forums and I hope I can...
  13. harveymasons

Question on main sewer line backing up every few months

the whole run is cast iron 46 ft. thx, harvey
  14. harveymasons

Question on main sewer line backing up every few months

I have determined via camera inspection that I have a dip/belly in my main sewer line from house to city main. I saw water sitting in this area via the camera it is @ the 17 ft mark and goes to about 31 ft. The whole run is 46 ft cast iron. I was quoted 6k to replace that section which...
  15. harveymasons

sewer jet from a pressure washer??

Hi shacko, The pipe is a 4 inch cast iron, I planon starting with very low pressure and testing in my backyard so see what I am dealing with. My pressure washer has adjustable pressure regulator as well so I think if I procede with caution I should be ok. I had a camera put into the...
  16. harveymasons

ball valve question..

This question may or may not belong here but if someone can answer it, it would be most helpful. I am hooking up a 1/4 x 100 ft high pressure hose to my pressure washer to do some sewer jetting, unfortunately I will have no way to control the flow of water only by turning th eengine on and...
  17. harveymasons

thanks for the thoughts guys, I will let you know for sure. regards, harvey
  18. harveymasons

3000 psi @ approx 3.5 gpm. When I ordered the nozzles they asked me the specs on my pressure washer so they can match the nozzles to the appropriate specs. There will be no pulsing, I am hooking up a 100 ft x 1/4 high pressure hose righ to my A&R pump and putting the sewer jet nozzle on the...
  19. harveymasons

Hi guys, If you read my previous thread on my main sewer line being backed up w/ grease/sludge you may find this thread interesting and informing hopefully..... I was looking into getting my sewer jetted and when I saw the prices I started to think to myself that I already have a pressure...
  20. harveymasons

replacing lateral pipe from house to street?

cable is 3/8 x 75 ft. It is a brasscraft/cobra 1/3 hp power drum. regards, Chris
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks