Search results

1. AllenEllis

Why do I need to vent this washer/sink drain?

I was under the impression that you can't double-trap in a closed system, but if there is airflow between the traps (as in this case), it's ok. That's not true? Right, 18-48" is what I've read the standpipe height should be. The p-trap is about 8-10" below the concrete, so my total height...
  2. AllenEllis

Lol, yep I've seen that image posted in lots of other threads I found. I see lots of diagrams like that with roof vents, but I'd like to know whether I can get away without that given that there is airflow in this case. Why is it necessary for the washer to have a P-trap before the T? Isn't...
  3. AllenEllis

Hi all, I'm re-doing a laundry area and I think I have a clever trick to venting my washer and sink, but I want to see what you guys think: As I understand it, the purpose of venting is to allow air to escape from the pipes as water tries to flow down. But because of the way the washer's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks