Search results

1. robojet

Finish Nailer for trim/molding?

Well... I went out last night and ended up buying the Stanley Bostitch Combo: pancake compressor and 18ga nailer. I figured if I need another nailer, I can go pick that up later. So, I will definitely be giving the 18ga a try on everything. If it works - Great! If not, I get to buy another...
  2. robojet

Good point on the light rail... I have some square drive screws I can use for that... The corner molding is not crown molding... It's kind a like a quarter round, but instead of the simple 'round', it's more decorative. I believe it's 3/4" x 3/4". I've been trying to research this on the...
  3. robojet

I just finished installing new kitchen cabinets and have the details work left to do. I need to install scribe molding (to cover the edges along the walls), a corner molding along the ceiling, and a light rail molding (along the bottom of the wall cabinets to help hide the undercabinet lights)...
  4. robojet

Natural Gas Supply Line

OK... I will not do this myself. I will either leave as is or get a qualified professional. I do appreciate the feedback. Someone asked about what my goal was... well, the current problem is that the pipe sticks out straight from the wall several inches and sits in an area where pots/pans...
  5. robojet

Natural Gas Supply Line

I'm remodeling the kitchen and would like to address a issue with the existing gas supply line to the cooktop. Currently it sticks out way to far and I would like to shorten it. The part of the pipe that needs to be changed (something like a 6-8" to a 4" with an elbow), is on the otherside of...
  6. robojet

Toilet backup for no apparent reason ?

Sounds like I should get a plumber for this one... Thanks for the help :D
  7. robojet

Toilet backup for no apparent reason ?

I have 2 toilets in my house (single story on slab - if it matters). On of them seems to have a tempermant! On occasion, the toilet will back up... I've seen this happen when there was no waste to back it up. I'm wondering if the air vent is somehow obstructed??? What other circumstances...
  8. robojet

Sweating Copper to Brass

You'll be glad to know that I had a fire extinguisher at my side... :D
  9. robojet

Sweating Copper to Brass

Well... I suppose this is kinda funny... I was working on the copper elbow... I had already reassembled the valve in the plastic box. Since the copper fitting was about 6 inches away from the box, and I only heat the copper for a few seconds, I thought all would be well --- ha! not only did...
  10. robojet

Sweating Copper to Brass

Well... I think I've done it :) -but it took me a couple of tries (which is why I'm saying I think)... It took much less time to heat the brass than I thought (about 10-15 seconds). When I soldered it the first time, it didn't appear that one side had taken the solder very well - so I took...
  11. robojet

Sweating Copper to Brass

Thanks Kristi! I think I'm ready to give it a try now... :D I wasn't home when I posted the original message... I've rechecked the depth of the pipe... it's 1/2" - my memory wasn't serving me well :o I really appreciate everyone's help. Hopefully I can give this a try tonight and I'll...
  12. robojet

Sweating Copper to Brass

I like the can idea... that helps. Also, I've been considering the approach on doing this, and it might be best to join the copper and brass in the garage rather than in place... I can always leave a copper to copper join for the last step when working in the wall. I still need to know...
  13. robojet

Sweating Copper to Brass

Thanks for the info... I will need to get a heat shield - and great suggestion on removing the valve from the equation for the purposes of soldering! The supply line is 1/2" copper and would slide into the brass pipe. The brass is fairly wide, as it is threaded on the outside (apparently for...
  14. robojet

Sweating Copper to Brass

Hi all... I'm remodeling my kitchen/family room and have found myself learning some new things. I've capped off some copper pipes, which I found pretty easy to do :D , but I've run into a bit more difficult plumbing issue: I need to move the water supply for the refrigerator about 6...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks