Search results

1. RustyPipes

Stinky Tub Drain

We bought this 1950s house from the first owner. It still has the original plumbing. (mostly) The vents are very poorly designed. The problem is the tub drain. When we were living here for several years the tub trap began to leak. I found that the trap was lead and slightly folded between the...
  2. RustyPipes

Where to find a Universal Rundle tank?

This is a 19 year old Contractor Grade Universal Rundle 1.5 toilet. There are some poorly printed numbers inside (1895 02{1}?). The tank cracked and the owner is looking to replace it if it is less expensive than replacing the entire toilet. ($90 for a new toilet) I have not been able to locate...
  3. RustyPipes

Short Cycle on MZ25s

After many years of excellent service the boiler started short cycling. The DHW is still hot and the house warm. But, the boiler is starting every thirty or so seconds and running for only part of the purge cycle or a few seconds of burn unless we need heat. When I disconnected the DHW...
  4. RustyPipes

Keeney "Foot Lok" removal for cleaning

The tub is holding water and the drain is open. Twisting, pulling everything short of prying is not removing the open stopper. What is the secret to removing the stopper? The Keeney site has installation instructions but no user help. It was so simple to do when it was new, but not since the...
  5. RustyPipes

Replacing underground pipe without excavation

Ever done "pipe Bursting"? Does it work on pipe that changes direction? The pipe is horizontal out of the meter for 10 feet, turns up 60 degrees after passing under a sidewalk, after ten feet of hill it turns horizontal and runs 30 feet, turns 40 degrees right, then is horizontal for 30...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks