Search results

1. rockpile7

Where to install expansion tank

Thanks guys, I just picked up a Watts ETX-15 which is the 2.1 gallon model expansion tank. My water pressure (70 psi) and WH capacity (50 gallon) puts this at the upper end for the 2.1 gallon but I think it should be OK. I will put it in on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes. John
  2. rockpile7

Jim, I know from reading posts here that that is the preferred method. I'm just wondering how best to make that happen. John
  3. rockpile7

Thinking about it again, I'm pretty sure it would be better to mount the tank on the top of the loop. Let me know which would work best. John
  4. rockpile7

To MACPLUMB, Redwood and anyone else who wants to chime in. As per your recommendations, I have included a picture of my existing water heater cold water inlet. I am going to add an expansion tank as required and recommended by everyone here. The distance from the water heater to the...
  5. rockpile7

Install of PRV

MACPLUMB, I did what you suggested and it worked perfectly. My current pressure is back to 60. Thanks for all your help I will post a picture of my water heater set-up for expansion tank implementation, as soon as my son gets home from work. Thanks again. john
  6. rockpile7

Install of PRV

Thanks MacPlumb, I'll try it and let you know how it turns out.
  7. rockpile7

Install of PRV

PRV gone wild After having the pressure at 60 for a couple days, the family said it would be great if they could have a little more pressure. I adjusted the PRV as stated in the instructions. I loosened the lck nut and turned the adjusting nut 1/12 turns clockwise. Then I tightened the...
  8. rockpile7

Install of PRV

Thanks all. I just finished replacing the PRV and it pretty much went as smooth as I could have imagined. I tested my pressure on an outside hose bib and what was previously 130 and is now reading as 60 psi. This is with the factory setting on the PRV which they state is set at 50. I'm OK...
  9. rockpile7

Install of PRV

Redwood, One more question. Upon taking it apart, I am just wondering the best way to tighten the threads of the PRV (brass insert that flattens against o-ring) onto the male adapter. I wouldn't think hand tightening would be enough with teflon tape on the male adapter, and a wrench can't be...
  10. rockpile7

Install of PRV

Once again I appreciate your help.
  11. rockpile7

Water heater TPR valve issue

Thanks Redwood, I actually started a new post with my prior question regarding the PRV since it was a new topic. Now, however, you've answered my question. thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes. John
  12. rockpile7

Install of PRV

picture Here is a picture of my current valve needing replacement. It is mounted vertically. If you need any other pictures, I can try to get more. (my first time posting a picture anywhere) There are shutoffs above and below the valve.
  13. rockpile7

Install of PRV

I took Redwood's advise and picked up the 25AUB-Z3 pressure reducing valve. I just have a stupid question before I replace it. The PRV I currently have is a Wilkins, but it's the same basic design as the Watts. On the inlet side, it looks like the brass female connection is attached to the valve...
  14. rockpile7

Thanks Redwood, I took your advise and picked up the 25AUB-Z3. I just have a stupid question before I replace it. The PRV I currently have is a Wilkins, but it's the same basic design as the Watts. On the inlet side, it looks like the brass female connection is attached to the valve body...
  15. rockpile7

Thanks Terry, and yes, I will be adding the expansion tank. As soon as I can get a picture, I will need advice as to where to put the tank since there may be some space contstraints John
  16. rockpile7

Matt, Terry and others, Thanks for all your input. I just wnet out and got a water pressure testing gauge. My water pressure is 125 psi. I was shocked it was so high. I am going to put in a new PRV myself, within the next couple days. It looks fairly straightforward to replace, I have...
  17. rockpile7

Thanks guys. The curious thing is, I called the water company today and they confirmed they were flushing/testing hydrants in my area last night. Since about 2:00 am I have not had the problem again. It is really strange. I can only assume they did something to increase the pressure, but...
  18. rockpile7

I have a 5 yr old Rheem Guardian 50 gallon water heater. All of a sudden, my TPR valve is opening and draining about a quart of water at almost exact intervals of 10 minutes apart. My town notified me they would be doing some flushing/testing of fire hydrants. Can anyone confirm whether this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks