Search results

1. junction_expert

Shady electrical work?

corrosion-proofing > One twist prevented from corrosion is better than 4 twists open to ocean air. I can believe that. Besides that gel you use, another way to prevent corrosion (where it counts) is to hold the wires together with extreme pressure. I have never seen a failed junction...
  2. junction_expert

Shady electrical work?

unsoldered connections > Where is this alleged evidence? Who hasn't owned a piece of electronics long enough to know that the bare copper contacts eventually corrode and fail? As for twisted wire, just twist up a few hundred connections and leave it outside for a few months. This is high...
  3. junction_expert

Shady electrical work?

Invent your own definitions, it's still a buried box NEC-compliant recessed light junctions are buried boxes. This is done for safety reasons. The materials that electricians use are not rated to a high enough temperature to be safe inside the same box that the lamp outlet is in. Another...
  4. junction_expert

Shady electrical work?

Call it want you want, it's still a buried box Just because you can access it by removing several components before getting to the box cover doesn't mean it's not a buried box. You just don't want it to be called a buried box because you don't want to admit that it needs to be more reliable...
  5. junction_expert

Shady electrical work?

buried box NEC code section > I have yet to see any N.E.C. code that would allow you to bury those J boxes in drywall. > I am going to call your bluff and ask for the code reference on this one. Take a good look at the junction box in a recessed lighting fixture available at Home Depot. It...
  6. junction_expert

Shady electrical work?

Buried junctions (or anything close) should be soldered. For safety, keep all junctions in grounded metal boxes and use undamaged solid wire of the correct wire guage and use cable clamps that fit. There are many situations where wiring may be difficult to access. Most notably, it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks