Search results

1. bmcgin

Possible solution for disposal and drain height problem

Since many people are trying to solve the disposal/drain height problem after installing deeper sinks, I thought it is worth posting this. Most disposals have the outlet tube around 6 1/2" down. The disposals from Mountian Plumbing are only 5 1/2". That may help in some situations...
  2. bmcgin

Mildew inside shower handle

I have a standard delta single shower handle. Inside of the plastic handle mildew is forming. I saw this about 2 years ago and replace the entire assembly. Soon after I replaced the assembly, I began to see black mildew forming. I still haven’t done anything about it since then. Now...
  3. bmcgin

AAV and sewer smell

Would a bad AAV cause a bathroom or laundry room to omit sewer smells? We are getting a sewer smell a few times a week around 7pm. It looks like the house has two venting systems. One goes through the roof and the other terminates in the attic with an AAV (it's about 1.5 feet above the...
  4. bmcgin

Electric Tankless or new Heat Pump type

House has 2 hot water heaters, both electric. I want to replace one of them because it is 11 years old and it’s on the second story of the house. If she blows, it’s not gonna be pretty. What would you recommend? Electric Tankless or newer Heat Pump type I’m not going to do gas...
  5. bmcgin

New Gas Line Install Question

We are switching from an electric range to a 40†gas range with this burner configuration: Triple Ring Burner: (2) 120 - 15,500 BTU Big Burner: (3) 70 - 10,500 BTU Small Burner: (1) 55 - 7,000 BTU The gas company will install a meter and then I need a plumber run the line to the stove...
  6. bmcgin

Triple Sink: disposal backwash and noise

During our remodel we has a triple sink installed. We put the disposal on the right sink and now have some problems. When we turn on the 1-hp disposal, sometimes the ground up food makes its way into the center and left sink. Also the disposal is very loud as you can hear the noise coming...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks