Search results

1. Sixdays

Texas flooding

Just sent you a message
  2. Sixdays

Texas flooding

Texas Wellman, if you are able please contact me regarding assistance with the flooding. Myself and some others wish to help with flood damaged wells. We experiened a major flood here last august and our thoughts and prayers are with our neighbors in Texas. If you need help please let me...
  3. Sixdays

Sta-rite MSE rebuild

Thanks for your reply, most people don't work on pumps any more................ just sell new ones. Yep, they are a pain to work on the worst thing is cleaning all the rust / iron build up. I probably should not test them either because there is rarely a problem and then if that freshly...
  4. Sixdays

Sta-rite MSE rebuild

Yes that is the pump. I kind of answered my own question................... went back to the test rig with a plug on the "drive" side and a checkvalve on the suction side. As you mention.............. have to control the discharge volume ............... this is done by the pressure regulator...
  5. Sixdays

Sta-rite MSE rebuild

Howdy, been a while since I visited the forum but as always there is an amazing amount of knowledge here! Anyhow, I have a question that somebody may have a quick answer to. I rebuild a few Sta-rite MSE pumps and usually put the pump in a barrel of water with an ejector rigged up to test them...
  6. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Just a follow up on my previous posts. I was given a "cycle cop" valve from my pump supplier and installed it near the well head. This seemed to do the trick (eliminated the water hammer)................. once it was adjusted. I suppose this valve closes as you approach the pre-set pressure...
  7. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Valveman, I'd have to pull the pump to get the specific information that you need. The pump is "probably" a 1 HP as it does approximately 25-30 gpm ............ I suppose I could disconnect the inlet to the tank, restrict the flow and see what flow rate the pump produces at a given...
  8. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

ballvalve OK, I think I have seen a dole valve now! It had a set flow rate and was used to maintain pump output at or below the yield of the well............. used one to deal with a low yield well. There was one place in the water line under the house where a hanger dug into the pvc pretty...
  9. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

ballvalve, I may be showing my ignorance but what is a dole valve. Also, I've seen the CSV at a couple trade gatherings but haven't tried one yet. Thanks, TS
  10. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Hi Wally, I did replace the checkvalve at the tank. In hindsight I agree I should have crippled the checkvalve at the tank. Eventually I have to go back and run a new water line from the well head to the tank.............................. I'll take that opportunity to make some changes...
  11. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Hey Travis, The pressure switch is about 2 feet from the tank (P/S is mounted on the check valve via. a 1/4" pipe nipple). Also, my question about the pressure switch bouncing may have been misleading. What I meant was could the pressure fluctuate enough (to cause the P/S to open again) on...
  12. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Hi Wally, I think the setup reproduced your scenario since the checkvalve at the tank was bad and the one at the pump is holding. Do you think the routing of the pipe and being attached snug to the framing could be the culprit? Thanks, TS
  13. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Went to the location today and began by troubleshooting the checkvalve in the pump. I didn't pull the pump but ran it until it kicked off and cut the pipe near the wellhead. Pipe stayed full. Went to the check valve at the tank tee and removed it ........... it was bad. Replaced bad check...
  14. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Thanks for all the comments; HJ, I'm probably a moron but if the check valve at the surface (right at the tank) is OK then I can visualize the pipe "below" that going on a vacuum thus creating a big differential at the surface check valve. However, if this surface check valve is holding it...
  15. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Thanks for the explanation................. I'm going to work on this tomorrow and I'll see if the pump check is holding. Teme
  16. Sixdays

Water Hammer?

Hi, I'm a new guy here but have visited this forum many times! I have gleaned much helpful information here as I come across well / pump related problems. I currently have a customer with a 4 inch submersible well with a water hammer condition upon pump shut-off. The well is 100' +/- in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks