Search results

1. glorygirl

Need to adjust water level in toilet tank

The supply valve is opened up all the way. The tube/connections look fine and clean. The water coming out of the tube into the overfill tube looks like it's coming out forcefully, although kind of spraying, not running out. It just seems like the bowl is emptying slower and the tank is...
  2. glorygirl

Possibly....what is the supply valve? Where is it located?
  3. glorygirl

I did it!! But, now have another question.... Hi, just wanted to let you all know that I replaced the Refill Valve and Flapper all by myself!! Whoo! Hoo!! Everything looks fine, except I do have an additional question.....the tank seems to be taking a long time to refill. What do I need to...
  4. glorygirl

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! Being single, working mother, I've learned to do a lot on my own, and have been able to teach it to my two sons. Yes, and I WILL remember to turn the water off, you don't make that mistake twice, that's for sure! Thanks for your help. Terry - this is...
  5. glorygirl

Is that easy enough for a non-plumber, non-fixer person to do?
  6. glorygirl

No, it doesn't. and if I pull up too far, it just starts flushing the toilet again.
  7. glorygirl

The water level in my toilet tank is too high and running into the overflow tube. I tried bending the float arm downward to get the water to shut off faster. Didn't work. I also tried moving the chain further up on the arm. To no avail. Is this something I can actually fix myself, or should...
  8. glorygirl

New Well Pump, but Pump is still coming on when no one is using the water

Thank you. That toiletology.com website is terrific. Whom do you recommend to take a look at my well situation? Which will be the cheapest for me? (single, working mother....) :(
  9. glorygirl

Thanks, Terry. What about my question on which valve I'm supposed to shut off to test where if there's a leak? Is it the yellow switch on the pipe leading to the pump, or the blue valve on the pipe leading outside? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I have no clue about where anything is on...
  10. glorygirl

I also checked the toilet tanks. One of them is right at the top of the overfill tube. I removed some of the water from the tank, then flushed, but it's still at the top. Does that mean there's a leak? How do I get the water level to be 1" below and stay there?
  11. glorygirl

Just past the pressure tank as in closer to the well pump, or on the side of pressure tank closer to the pipes that lead out side? I do have a shut off handle closer to the pump and when I turn that off the pump keeps trying to click on. If I shut off the valve on the other side of the...
  12. glorygirl

I bought a new well pump for my home roughly 5 months ago because the pump kept coming on even when no one was using the water. All's been going along, but I noticed within the last couple of days that the well pump is clicking on a few times an hour when no one is using any water in the house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks