Search results

1. PhilUpNorth

NPS (Straight Thread) Fitting OK for Hidden Connections?

Simple question; I just got a floor-mounted faucet kit for a new bath, and was surprised to see that the end pieces to which the water supply tubes/pipes/hoses will be connected are 1/2" male NPS (straight) thread. The problem I've got is that these connections will be under a finished floor...
  2. PhilUpNorth

Autopsy of a Sweated Copper Joint

Hello. While in the middle of a small plumbing change job in my house, feelling pretty good about my soldering skills, I decided just for fun to tear apart a joint I had just made to see if it was as good inside as it looked outside. Well, as you can see on the attached picture, I found some...
  3. PhilUpNorth

Cast Iron Drain Modification Needed

OK. My turn with a cast iron and ABS problem. Its pretty simple, really. I've got this cast iron Y piece into which a kitchen drain is connected. The problem is that the 2" ABS that feeds into it (on the attached picture, that's the connection at the top, just after the 45 degree elbow) is...
  4. PhilUpNorth

Pipe Dope On Teflon Tape?

Hello again. I was recently told that to solve a problem of mine, I should use teflon tape as well as teflon paste together, on the same NPT fitting. That kind of sounded strange to me, so I figured I should ask people who know something about plumbing. So, if it is true that both can be used at...
  5. PhilUpNorth

Very Leaky Valves

Ok. So I finished installing a number of valves for my shower remodel project, feeling pretty proud of myself until I turned on the water. The 4 NPT joints on two specific valves (but none of the others) started leaking alot right away. I'm not talking drips, here, but rather a solid stream. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks