Search results

1. EFraelich82

Suggestions for becoming an Electrician? Would like advice from current electricians.

Thanks guys. That is some helpful info. Seems like there are many different paths I could take. Yeah I would definately like to get some formal schooling first because I would like to enter the profession having a very good solid knowledge of electrical properties and reading schematics, etc...
  2. EFraelich82

Suggestions for becoming an Electrician? Would like advice from current electricians.

I know this may not be the right forum for this question however I want the opinions of people like you who are already electricians. I already tried Google and other searches but there seems to be no definitive path. I'm a 27 year old male in Dallas Texas who has always been fascinated with...
  3. EFraelich82

Smoke alarms: what brand should I buy?

Consumer Reports has done extensive testing on multiple different types. They HIGHLY recommend buying a unit that is both a smoke and CO2 detector. The cheapest highly rated model is a First Alert CO615.
  4. EFraelich82

??? Need some transformer help!!!

Thanks! I bought a decent, auto ranging multimeter and attempted to test it however could not get any voltage from any of the contact points (except the live feed coming from the wall). The subwoofer is an Onkyo SKW-150. It is about 5 years old however I think they still make them for other...
  5. EFraelich82

"Thin" Breaker AFCI's?

Nice, I didn't even think that could be done. I though the entire panel was designed for thin breakers. Didn't think normal size breakers would fit. Yeah doesn't make sense to me either because I still have 5 or 6 empty slots left in the box.
  6. EFraelich82

"Thin" Breaker AFCI's?

I thought a sub panel was for adding additional breakers when your main box is full? I have plenty of extra room in my main panel, I would just like to add AFCI protection to the breakers in every room.
  7. EFraelich82

"Thin" Breaker AFCI's?

Do they make AFCI breakers in the "Thin Breaker" type? Can't find them anywhere on google so guessing no. Just found out about these (about 10 years late, lol) and would love to upgrade my breakers but I have those dang thin breakers. Any ideas?
  8. EFraelich82

Thanks! That is the most helpful response so far. I appreciate everyone's help. No i don't think the speaker is getting any signal at all from the board. I only know the speaker works because I removed the driver completely and tested it directly to my receiver and it works normally. I...
  9. EFraelich82

Yes the subwoofer does have it's own built in amplifier. I did google how to diagnose a transformer however it is greek to me. I don't even think I have the tools to measure resistance. I didn't short out the fuses, they are located on the amplifier circuit board. I know a lot about computers so...
  10. EFraelich82

Maybe I can kill 2 birds with one stone... if I am right and you think the transformer is the problem... how the crap do I find a replacement and how do I figure out which one I would need? I think it is a step up transformer (going from 120 volts to 250) and I THINK it would be 4 amps since the...
  11. EFraelich82

Let's just get this out of the way... I have a basic concept of electrical principles however it would be generous to even call me a beginner. I have a powered subwoofer for my home stereo system that is broken and needs to be fixed. Although I guess it is not very common for a transformer to go...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks