Search results

1. Fireguy97

PGP "Leakage" When Adjusting Radius

I only have a minute to look at this, but it's easier with a diagram. What are the grey/brown areas outside of the sunroom and at the top right? Could you move #6 the the outside of that area, to the inside corner? Have you taken into consideration that #2 and #5 360's will take twice the...
  2. Fireguy97

It looks like you have a mess. Common industry practice dictates that all water is projected away from a home or building. From the sounds of it, the person that installed the system put the pipes in the wrong spot. The heads should have been installed so that they spray away from your...
  3. Fireguy97

Proline Controller

I'm glad that everything worked out Jerome, congratulations! How big is your compressor? You only want to run at 45-55 PSI max, but you really should have a large volume of air to purge most of the water from the lines, and push the water column out in one shot. When you don't have enough...
  4. Fireguy97

cement patio

I've heard of it, I've seen it done, but I'm an Irrigation Contractor not a Landscaper, or a concrete guy. Do you mean gravel, or rock? I know that if you did pour over soil, it would still have to be compacted, and very stable to start with. Mick
  5. Fireguy97

That's what happens when the screw hits the stream. To answer you first question, No. If you have to shorten the stream that much, you need a smaller head in those spots, not PGP's. Low angle nozzles will drop the height of the stream, not so much the radius. What is the coverage...
  6. Fireguy97

Sprinkler Questions

At any plumbing supply house, or Irrigation supply house. Not the box stores - Real supply houses. Mick
  7. Fireguy97

Inserting tee in existing PVC pipe

1. Normally I dig out at least four feet of pipe to insert a fitting. The longer the better. I dig out 1 foot on one side of the fitting, and at least four feet on the other side of the fitting for the bending part. 2. Glue the fitting on one end first. Are you inserting a Tee...
  8. Fireguy97

Location of irrigation Tee and Manifold

Other that not knowing the distance between the new manifold location and the existing manifold location, there shouldn't be any problems. Just remember that the manifold is always better as close to the zone as possible. Also make sure that you allow for and have your backflow assembly...
  9. Fireguy97

Proline Controller

I would place the clock closer to the electrical outlet and run proper (direct burial) irrigation multi-strand wire, without PVC. If you believe that the irrigation wire could be accidentally damaged in the future, or that you might not be able to bury it at least 10"-12", then PVC wouldn't...
  10. Fireguy97

Wet basement ... landscaping

You don't say where the water is coming from, or who owns the drain. In most states and provinces there are clear cut rules and regulations on what you can and can't do with draining water onto someone elses property. Have you had someone from the municipality come out to inspect what...
  11. Fireguy97

5+ Program Controllers?

Nelson/Signature 8600 series controllers have four programs and three start times on each program. You will have to careful about the start and run times (programming) of the programs so that they don't overlap and cause run time problems. Mick
  12. Fireguy97

5+ Program Controllers?

How long are you running the MP Rotators for? I install MP Rotators all of the time, but they normally should be running twice the length of time that a spray head runs. If need be, there is nothing wrong with starting at 2:00am. Just watch the times in early spring and late fall when the...
  13. Fireguy97

Hills and backflow preventers.

Again check with your municipality. Some areas approve a Pressure Vaccume Breaker (PVB), some don't because they don't handle back pressure, just back-siphonage. You don't mention where you are, do it's difficult to help any more. And by the way, a double check valve backflow...
  14. Fireguy97

Splitting a Station/Zone

Monica, It does sound like a pressure issue, but it's a pressure issue on this one zone. You haven't told us what your system pressure and flow rates are, or what spray heads you are using other than the switch to MP Rotators. If your contractor told you to switch to MP Rotators and didn't...
  15. Fireguy97

HELP! Valve stuck in open position

It could also be air inside of your valves. That is what the bleeder valves are for. Getting air out of your valves when you turn them on. You also could have bad diaphrams after two years of not being in service. Mick
  16. Fireguy97

Heads have Low Flow, Pressure, Throw Distance (not sure which is correct term!)

I would get a pressure and flow reading at the hose bibb where you blow out from. See what the pressure and flow is from that hose bibb. Those rates will be what the system uses. You can compare that to what you get at the heads, but expect a drop by several pounds by the time that water...
  17. Fireguy97

Wet basement ... landscaping

What does this have to do with Irrigation? Mick
  18. Fireguy97

1" Male Threaded In-line Jar-Top Sprinkler Control Valve not working right help

Are the valves not working, not working right, or leaking? Where is it leaking? Is ir leaking at the threads, solinoid, housing, or the heads? It sounds like the valves are leaking, and not what your thread title states. You better be drinking more. You purchased Orbit, the cheapest...
  19. Fireguy97

Sprinkler Questions

Pictures would be helpful. Your descriptions aren't Specific to the brand of what? The PVC fittings are specific to the brand of the PVC fitting manufacturer. Why wouldn't you use PVC for pressure line? Some areas use poly, some use PVC. I use both depending on the job. You don't...
  20. Fireguy97

Leaking anti-siphon valve?

You didn't say if this is a new or old valve that is leaking. You also didn't say where at the Anti-Siphon that it's leaking at. Housing, seam, threads? I wouldn't normally waste a lot of time hunting down and diagnosung problems. With my hourly rate, it's less expensive to just replace...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks