Search results

1. Wally3433

MOEN EXACTEMP SHOWER PIPING DIAGRAM

Seeking DIY advice. I am installing a Moen Exactemp Thermostatic Valve (S3371) , with (3) volume controls (S3306) for a tub port, rain shower and regular shower. I mapped out all the copper piping for the water supply and wanted to see if I could get advice on whether I am doing something...
  2. Wally3433

Master Bath Remodel - Double Vanity Venting and Drainline Advice

Adding a waste line and water lines to a second vanity sink. Do I need to vent the waste line, or is the existing setup ok. Let me know what else you see wrong. Thanks,
  3. Wally3433

Is my kitchen sink vented correctly? Intermittent back ups and noises.

I live on the first floor condo with two units above me. We came home to a mess in our sink. It could not have been anything we did - nothing was left running. So, I surmise we have an issue with drainage from the units above us. I looked under the sink, and noticed that the vent pipes...
  4. Wally3433

Ejector Pit Help - pipe rattling

My ejector pit pump is not working properly. The pumping function works fine, but there appears to be a problem with the flow control device that was once installed. Can someone look a these pictures and tell me what this device is and if I need it?. It's the pit closest in the picture witht...
  5. Wally3433

What size toilet should I shop for 11 - 11.5"? Also flange anchoring question

The distance between my newly tiled wall and the center of the flange is going to be 11 - to 11.5" What size toilet should I shop for? I also have a flange screw/anchoring question. I screwed up and installed my radiant heat wires a bit too close to my flange for comfort. I will be able...
  6. Wally3433

Looking for Similar Sink Kohler Wading Pool Purist - OR the thinest sink you know!

I screwed up my tiled countertop height, so I am desperately trying to make up some inches. I intended on having a vessel mount sink, and this Kohler sink was the "thinest" sink I could find. Has anyone seen something similar to this? I am just looking for a cheaper alternative. I've seen...
  7. Wally3433

Drilled a couple holes in vent pipe - remove and replace or caulk

I accidently drilled three durock screws into a vent pipe that is at the backsplash of my bathroom. Should I remove the durock, cut the pipe and fix it or just hit those holes with some cualk. The pipe that I hit is the horizontal pipe that is fed by the four pipes below.
  8. Wally3433

Need Help - Is this Toilet Vent pipe going to work?

I am getting ready to close up this floor - but wanted to make sure that my toilet vent pipe is ok. This is the way it was hooked up from the original condo construction. Sorry I do not have a picture the shows the whole vent line - I had to spilt it up into three pictures. Basically, the...
  9. Wally3433

Best Flushing Toilet for the Money

Considering a new toilet for a bath remodel and wanted to get some advice on the best flushing toilet for the dollar. I don't care about efficiency - in fact I would rather not purchase a product that says it's efficient or green. If flushing power is just a matter of gallons of water flushed...
  10. Wally3433

Replacing Toilet Flange Advice

I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel. My next step is to install the subfloor, and I want to get the subfloor as close to the flange/pipe assembly for the toilet as possible. My only issue is that I do not know my finished floor height yet, as I have not decided whether or not I am using...
  11. Wally3433

Pressure Test required for steam line?

I am installing a steam line from my shower area to the basement below. It's properly pitched, but I would still like to test it before I close everything up. Does anyone think this is required? I have the one end hooked up to the steam unit, and the other end is terminated with a brass...
  12. Wally3433

Toilet Drain Location

I am remodeling my bathroom. We are going to re-install our existing toilet, but down the road we would like to upgrade to a new one. Is there a standard offset distance from the center of the toilet drain to the edge of the finished wall - or does this vary widely from toilet to toilet...
  13. Wally3433

Wally's Steam Shower Bathroom Remodel

I am in the process of doing a complete remodel of my bathroom. Putting in a Steam Shower (Mr. Steam MS 400), with a Hansgrohe Shower System with a Thermobalance 111 control unit (Shower, Handheld Shower, and Three Jets. Along the way, I've got some basic plumbing questions..... So Here...
  14. Wally3433

Bathroom Remodel - How to soundproof pipes?

I was transferred over here from the John Bridge Tile forums. I am doing a complete master bath remodel in my condo. I've go two condos above me and all the waste lines pass through my walls. I hear every drop of water in thos suckers. Since I've got one of the wast lines exposed in my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks