Search results

1. jillians

Homeowners' water cut off valve issue

I need to shut off my water in order to repair an irrigation master valve. The homeowner's shut off has no nut securing the handle to the valve bolt. In trying to replace the nut, I discovered that the bolt has damaged threads. It is very difficult to re-seat the handle & secure it. I'm also...
  2. jillians

Moen hydrolock - how to open it?

No plywood. Good point about the other sink parts being metal. I guess time will tell if the white one lasts...
  3. jillians

It's kind of a strange break pattern, which is why I posted the pictures. Unless you just squeezed the tube portion of the base with enough force to crack the stem. It's a granite slab countertop. Even if it could expand (seems unlikely, but I'm no expert), to break two in two years... I'd...
  4. jillians

I wondered that myself. All I can say is, twice in two years... I don't have kids who might be abusing it. I rarely even use it. Maybe overtightened? Too much torque? I just hand tightened it, which seems to be fine. It was a gray plastic threaded stem. This time the replacement has a...
  5. jillians

Actually the hydrolock is easy to open once you know how to do it. Sadly I couldn't find that info *anywhere* on Moen's website. Problem solved, took about 10 minutes. Follow up question: I used the wider side of the undercounter base. The one for thicker countertops. I could've used...
  6. jillians

For the second time in two years, my side spray base has broken off under the countertop. I have the replacement part from Moen. I've noticed the plastic is a different color now, hopefully this one won't break. I'm assuming I need to disconnect the sprayer at the hydrolock in order to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks