Search results

1. ionltd

Navien Tankless Water Heater Comments and questions

Thanks AAnderson for your reply You sound very experienced and I wish you had been the one to install my water heater. The differences I see here have a lot to do with location. I don't know if you read all the posts where my situation is involved, but I'm located in a small town of 1700...
  2. ionltd

So what would a job like this cost? When I asked him about the $125 charge per hour for the apprentices and was that normal, he said "that's not how we look at it" and the the apprentices didn't actually make that. I'm sure a majority of licensed plumbers are honest and fair and really...
  3. ionltd

I'm at work now without the bill in front of me, but yes it was $4200 something and if that's what you added it up to be, then assume that's the amount. I'm afraid to say without having the bill right in front of me because I don't want to be accused of being a liar again. And why would you...
  4. ionltd

Actually I was charged $125 an hour for 2 apprentices at 11 hours, so you can do the math since mine wasn't perfect. Total $1375 Was charged $2469 for a navien nr-210(a) Also charged $431.17 in materials How's that? My son is a doctor with 11 years training so far and doesn't make...
  5. ionltd

I can't remember ever being told I was a liar before...ever, and I'm 56 yo. I'm sure you'll have a "tough time" believing that as well. I spoke for an hour and with the tech at Navien. I answered THEIR questions about what was installed which was the tankles unit, the gas line connection...
  6. ionltd

One last question What is the going hourly rate range for an apprentice plumber? We're in the midwest and our town is 1700 people and the town the plumber is from is 19,000 We were charged 22 hours (11 hour each) for 2 apprentice plumbers at $60 to install I talked to Navien and they...
  7. ionltd

BTW We haven't received a call explaining what he found wrong and/or fixed. He also said he was bringing out "a company man" to check things out. My friend was here when we were out of town house sitting for us. She said only one person and one vehicle was ever here
  8. ionltd

OK From what you've told me so far, I think you're going to get a good laugh out of this. The fuel is propane and the gas line comes into the basement on a 1/2 inch hose that T's off into 3 directions.... one line goes to the furnace (still 1/2" line) and another goes to our dryer, and the...
  9. ionltd

Dana Thanks again for all your help. The new water pressure is a little over 60 psi. We think it was around 30 before. It's really blasting out of the faucet now. We've lived here 25 years and I've never seen so much water pressure. I'm going to do the gallons used check this afternoon...
  10. ionltd

Thanks Dana for all your help I printed out your response to my post about the 2 1/2 minute time for the hot water to reach the kitchen sink faucet for my husband to read. (he's not computer literate) When we finally got the plumber to get here to check out the situation, after 2 missed...
  11. ionltd

Thank you thank you thank you And it really IS 2 1/2 minutes to get hot water. I timed it. The plumber acted like I was crazy and everyone knew 2 1/2 minutes was normal and that I was hearing things as well. How long SHOULD it take to get hot water to a fixture? He was supposed to...
  12. ionltd

We just had a Navien installed last week and what a HUGE mistake! It took 2 guys (plumbers) almost 12 hours to install, but that would have been fine if had turned out to be everything it had been touted to be. First of all, it takes over 2 1/2 minutes of running full blast to get hot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks