Search results

1. Adam123

Tub Drain Not Watertight?

Just FYI, here is a shot from inside the closet next to the tub which shows what's going on underneath and behind the tub. I can't really get under there.
  2. Adam123

Tub Drain Not Watertight?

This is the drain in my tub: The problem I am having is that it seems to not be water tight on one side, and it seems like water is probably getting in on the side of it. This is what happens when I run the water: As you can see a bit of water pools up in a small area on the side of the...
  3. Adam123

Replace Main Shut-off Valves - Cost

Thanks for the responses fellas. I called a couple other plumbers as SewerRatz suggested (smaller local plumbers) and they gave me much lower estimates than the original - more in line with Terry's time estimate and what I would have expected to pay in the first place. The cost of living and...
  4. Adam123

I just realized that I posted this in the toilets section instead of the general plumbing section. I would appreciate it if a moderator could move it to the appropriate section. My apologies.
  5. Adam123

I am in the process of remodeling my upstairs bathroom. I was working on installing my vanity the other day, and after shutting off the water to the entire house via the main shut-off valve, I used a mini tube cutter to cut the caps off the two copper pipes from which the water will come for...
  6. Adam123

Do I need a plumber? Re: Flange

Thanks Dunbar and Gary, and thanks again jadnashua. No. What would be the point of that? If I had a strong opinion on this matter and didn't want to listen to honest advice I wouldn't have taken the time to solicit honest advice. I searched the internet for a good plumbing forum and found...
  7. Adam123

This is the old flange which had been rigged to sit on top of the cast iron one seen above. I think it is metal top.
  8. Adam123

Thanks again jadnashua. Here are some pictures from below which I think give a much better idea of what's going on.
  9. Adam123

(deleted by myself, duplicate post)
  10. Adam123

Thanks a lot for the response jadnashua. I'll have to measure the distance but I want to say it's roughly 13 inches. I could be off on that. I do have access from underneath, yes. Someone recommended a "pvc twist n set" which I guess is this...
  11. Adam123

Hello, I recently bought a house and I've found myself in a little over my head during a bathroom remodeling and wanted to get some opinions from people who knew a bit more than I do. I first removed the old toilet (and vanity). Beneath the old toilet there was an old flange installed which I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks