Search results

1. Tater

No drain near softener - looking for idaes

Thanks. Do they make converters for PE so it would fit over the 1/2" stem on the Softener?
  2. Tater

Quick question since I'll be running the waste line on Sunday. The spec sheet for the Clack says a 1/2" connects to the waste fitting. With the distance and vertical lengths I'm running would I need to up-size this to 3/4"?
  3. Tater

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I've narrowed it down to the Clack. I'll post when I order it.
  4. Tater

The cheapest I could find are $622 and that is anly a 24,000 grain. Was it a 33,000 grain you saw for under $500?
  5. Tater

1.5 cuft would be large enough and be able to handle the hardness level of 21? Also, would I have to buy a Clack separate and install that too? I have no idea what that is but I will google it.
  6. Tater

Can anyone recommend a specific model to me? The numbers in the previous post are over my head.
  7. Tater

2 and a half baths, but only me and the wife here. One of the full bathrooms never gets used. We both work so we are gone 10+ hours a day during the week.
  8. Tater

Ok, they told her the water hardness is 21.
  9. Tater

My wife is bringing a water sample to Sears tonight for testing. I'll post the results this evening.
  10. Tater

I'm not familiar with the term "control valve". Sorry for the rookie questions but I haven't seen that list on the units I've looked at.
  11. Tater

Thanks, I forgot to mention that the water in my town is horrible. Very hard and lots of lime. I will be bringing a sample in to Sears, they will test it for free and I'll post the results. The water in this town is notorious though so I expect the worse. Assuming it's really bad, do your...
  12. Tater

Thanks Gary and everyone else that helped. I thought I would add to this thread rather than starting a new one since it explains most of the issues. I now need a recomendation for a Softener. There are two and a half baths but one full bath is in a spare bedroom that is never used. It's only me...
  13. Tater

In my case I can't dump it outside due to freezing.
  14. Tater

Thank you Skip, I was getting confused there.
  15. Tater

Yeah, that would do it. Going up is the only way out. I'd still like to know if the waste/salt water that normally drains out of a softener is pressurized or not.
  16. Tater

Please read the initial post in this thread so I don't have to re-type it again.
  17. Tater

No, and the 1st floor kitchen and bathroom are across the hall. There's really no access at all to those. It has to get upstairs to the laundry room drain.
  18. Tater

2 story townhouse, sits on a slab. The water main comes up through the slab and then goes right back down again. I would need to cut into that for the water softener. There is no drain there so whatever waste/salt water normally needs to drain out of a water softener is what I need to get...
  19. Tater

Hi guys, I think I'm not understanding this correctly or I'm confused by the terminology. The house is on a slab and the water main comes up through the slab (no basement), there's a shut-off valve then it goes right back down into the slab and then who knows where. What I need to run up the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks