Search results

1. HANK WHITE

Takagi ignition

What I don't get with this fuse wire design, is why did an overload of some kind burn the connector plastic to brown from the original white, and not blow the fuse wire as well? When I hit it with the VOM, it read 9.5ohms, so it had a measure of conductivity in it. Was it starting to blow? No...
  2. HANK WHITE

Lighting outdoor takagi

GUYS; So here I am in winter, it's raining, 42 degrees, and the stinkin' Takagi TK3 outdoor propane water heater won't light off. I get gynormously frustrated, go to the barn, and return with an old electric room heater. I aim it at the Takagi from 2 ft below it in the screen porch where it...
  3. HANK WHITE

Takagi ignition

Tankless water heater DANA; This tankless mess has really got me frustrated, as you can tell. I am actually not sure that there is a good reliable tankless unit available yet. My only water heater experience with fuel-fired boilers was when I hung around with the 'snipes' when our ship was...
  4. HANK WHITE

Takagi ignition

Takagi cold weather Dana; as a retired state-licensed auto mech with the specialty of electronics and fuel injection, what i need from takagi is programming and sensor parameter data, and berndt and the guys there won't give me that, because i will uncover all the 'warts' in their little...
  5. HANK WHITE

Takagi ignition

Now my takagi tk3 finally lights up. Outdoor propane unit. It seems to refuse to light when the outdoor temp is at 40 degrees or lower, and the H2O and propane pipes are at 31-35 degrees or so. When the temp rises to 46-48 degrees on both gas and h20 pipes, it will light up eventually. When...
  6. HANK WHITE

Tankless propane water heater

Bobl43; my takagi lives about 50 feet from the propane tank, and the pipe under the house has no wrap, unlike the h20 pipes. I think this is my problem, but i need to hire a much skinnier guy to crawl under there and wrap the pipe!
  7. HANK WHITE

Takagi outdoor propane tankless tk3

The *&^%$ takagi tk3 water heater wouldn't start again this morning in redding, ca. The outside air temp was 41 degrees, and the infrared thermometer (auto shop tool) said the propane pipe was at 31 degrees and the h20 pipe was at 35 degrees. No fire at all, and propane this cold probably...
  8. HANK WHITE

Tankless propane water heater

THE TAKAGI WOULDN'T START AGAIN THIS MORNING. OUTSIDE TEMP WAS 41 DEGREES, AND GAS (PROPANE) TEMP WAS 31 DEGREES. NO FIRE AT ALL. BEFORE YOU CRUSH THAT *&^%$# TANKLESS OUTDOOR UNIT, BUY AN INFRARED THERMOMETER (LIKE THEY USE IN AUTO SHOPS) AND SHOOT A READING ON THE INLET GAS AND H20 PIPES...
  9. HANK WHITE

Takagi t-k3 won't work

Takagi tk3 TERRY LOVE FORUM; I had the same Takagi problem and with this forums' help, I fixed it quickly. Takagi has a fuse wire wrapped around the back and sides of the heat exhanger and it is called the HEAT ECHANGER OVERHEAT FUSE. It is connected with blue wires and a cheap white...
  10. HANK WHITE

Takagi tk3 flash igniter woes

HEY, GUYS: I bought a Takagi TK3 about 2 years ago and the igniter goes out. I'm a retired car mechanic/fabricator/machinist, etc. So, what is the programming in the processor for operating the igniter? What are the timer limits, and what keeps the fire lit? How does the flame rod and fuel...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks