Search results

1. 98ZJUSMC

Goodman A36-15 Blower Motor Issue

OK. Replaced the blower motor and thought I had it. No, back to the same thing. The motor is going on 18 years old and was a matter of time anyway so, no big deal. How about the transformer? It's pretty much the only thing left......
  2. 98ZJUSMC

Goodman A36-15 Blower Motor Issue

Having a problem with my Goodman Janitrol A36-15 blower motor, The blower will come on intermittently. On A/C, the thermostat (Honeywell) will double click and the compressor will start. After the delay, the blower will usually come on and run fine. Recently, it has come on sometimes and...
  3. 98ZJUSMC

Sub Panel Install Question

The ground will be bare. The neutral is 100AMP capable aluminum. Thank you, sir! My brain wasn't comprehending both going back to the Main buss.
  4. 98ZJUSMC

K. So, although they are both run to the Main Panel buss, the requirement is two separate wires?
  5. 98ZJUSMC

I am installing a SIEMENS 125AMP capable Sub Panel for 240V baseboard heat and additional/future use 120V circuits I am running in the house. The panel didn't come with a separate ground buss so, I added that. I installed a 100 AMP Breaker to jump the power to the Sub Panel. Two hots to the...
  6. 98ZJUSMC

BROAN Fan/Light Problem

jadnashua, Thank you very much. That did not cross my mind at all. Now that you mention that, the bottom of the socket looks different than any I have seen. I was going to just replace the unit, but I'll check to see if one is available. $48.xx to replace it, but it saves me some...
  7. 98ZJUSMC

BROAN Fan/Light Problem

I have a BROAN Bathroom Fan/Heat Bulb fixture that I installed 3 years ago that recently developed a problem. I have the unit wired to a Pass Seymour Countdown Timer for the Heat Bulb, and on a separate wall, the exhaust fan to a standard ON/OFF switch. I went to turn on the Heat Bulb, the...
  8. 98ZJUSMC

Woodburner Installation Question

OK, so now I'm really confused Heh....Sorry. Yeah, I basically would just like to enclose a free standing woodburner into a cinder block alcove with 12 " of clearance around the unit. 36" above the top of the woodburner itself, I would wood frame the chase up to the Chimney cap. I wanted...
  9. 98ZJUSMC

Thanks for the tips! I would be installing a brand new free stander. The size of the enclosure would be determined by my choice (around 28-30 " wide). So, you're saying that because this would convect air from the basement, through the flue enclosure and then into the upstairs I may have...
  10. 98ZJUSMC

I am trying to plan a Woodburner install as per the following diagram: The woodburner would stand within a cinder block enclosure leaving 12" of clearance to each side and 8 inches to the back. The front would inset approxiamately 8 inches inside the inner edge and the top of the...
  11. 98ZJUSMC

Dishwasher drainage problem

Heh!! So would I. Thanks, Gary! I have been leaning toward replacing it also. Parts and labor (Yeah, I could do it...but......) would surely run up to 150-200 and a replacement runs about $379.00. The age thing definitely has me saying just go ahead and replace. Something else will surely...
  12. 98ZJUSMC

I installed a high loop (about 12 years ago). No disposal. It goes in the downpipe of the P trap, just before the trap, via a Y connection.
  13. 98ZJUSMC

My dishwasher doesn't drain all of the waste water from the tub. There is the same amount of water in the tub each and every time I run a cycle. I have pulled the drain hose off and watched it during the drain cycle.. A very small amout of water dribbles out. I turned off the water feed and...
  14. 98ZJUSMC

New Baseboard Heater install

Thanks nukeman. Hooked it up that way and she be heatin'! Off I go to the Depot!
  15. 98ZJUSMC

Ahhhhh..... Thank you nukeman. I read this about the voltage somewhere else, but couldn't get an explanation. Or at least one I could understand. I thought.....well, I thought wrong. I'll go ahead and do that. I have an empty breaker above the tandem in the breaker box. I'll hook one leg...
  16. 98ZJUSMC

I used a 20A 2-circuit circuit breaker. There is only one buss bar clip.
  17. 98ZJUSMC

Oh. I didn't check continuity. Where can i check that at the two power leads? It's definitely 500W
  18. 98ZJUSMC

Hey! This is more an electrical issue so, I'll post it here. I am installing a 240V 500 Watt Cadet baseboard heater in a bedroom I am remodeling. I ran the NMB from a single pole 20A double breaker (more on that in a minute) to a receptacle box on the wall of the bedroom where the...
  19. 98ZJUSMC

Opening concrete floor without filling the house with dust?

I used a jackhammer on a similar project with a bathroom relocation (opposite side of plumbing wall) to put in a bedroom on my first floor. I used a fiber reinforced blade on a circular saw to cut a shallow cut along the outline of the whole excavation and then hammered out the slab (4"). No...
  20. 98ZJUSMC

Refinishing an Astracast composite corner sink

Hello all, I have an Astracast white composite material double bowl corner sink that I installed in my kitchen remodel I did in 1998/99. Of course, over the years, it's accumulated a few chips and dings. Also, the years of food/coffee stains have taken a bit of a toll, so that I can no longer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks