Search results

1. Beads

Plastic or iron to terra cotta

This is outside the home, in open air.
  2. Beads

Plastic or iron to terra cotta

I hope this is an ignorant question with a simple answer. I have a 1930s or 40s home. It is raised with an open crawl space. There is not much room to work underneath, but I was under it yesterday and saw a plumbing problem. It appears that the drain pipes are sealed to terra cotta, I suppose...
  3. Beads

Blinking Green LED on Daikin CTXS

My systems (not Daikin) do the flashing green light thing, and other similar behavior described above, when one unit is in a different mode (heat or cool) from the one you are trying to set. If he did not have another indoor unit in a different mode, perhaps some electronic "switches" were...
  4. Beads

Ductless Mini Split Cooling Design

P.S. I am using condenser tabs now to reduce growth in the drip tray and drain lines. I have one at each end of the top and one at each end of the bottom coils for a total of 4 in each unit.
  5. Beads

So what is the minimum power consumption for housekeeping and running the indoor blower motor? Dana, do you know that number? What is the right size/capacity? Since VS heat pumps run more efficiently under partial load than at full speed, it seems like a complex decision whether to size them...
  6. Beads

Mini split cleaning

Update: getting the squirrel cage out with little clearance to the left is really no problem. The cage can drop down after pulling it to the left just enough to clear the motor shaft. I believe that the installation instructions cover the required clearance. I really have very little...
  7. Beads

Navien 240 - house temp

Rather than the EPA, I think that BMWM5 can thank the installer for an improper installation or set-up. Calculations could have been done before the Navien was selected to see what water temperature is needed to keep the home warm with existing heat exchangers in the rooms.
  8. Beads

Mini split cleaning

I have an update. I bought a SpeedClean bag. I am reasonably happy with it so far. I took apart one of my Mitsubishi high wall appliances. Off came the main cover and louvers. Removing three screws on the left and the set screw on the squirrel cage allowed pretty easy removal of the cage...
  9. Beads

This is not an exact match to the OP's situation, but deserves to be scanned if someone is contemplating cooling areas with doors separating them from the cooling unit: Long-Term Monitoring of Mini-Split Ductless Heat Pumps in the Northeast Building America Report - 1407 December 2014 Kohta...
  10. Beads

Replacement for 1960's era N.G. boiler....

I am chiming in with a couple of late comments. At the beginning of the thread there was discussion about two boilers that have different high end capacity, but modulate back to about the same capacity. The question was whether there is any disadvantage to buying the higher capacity. I don’...
  11. Beads

Cast Iron Baseboard location in bathroom remodel?

re toilet: Your location may not apply, but splashes in that area can wreak havoc with metal radiators and convectors.
  12. Beads

Mini split cleaning

I'm waking up this stale thread because it looks like Mitsubishi has stepped up with some instructions. They could do better by putting them directly on their web site. (The link mentioned at the end of the video is informative, but does not offer any other real maintenance help akin to what the...
  13. Beads

Mini split cleaning

Thanks for reading and for your response.
  14. Beads

Mitsubishi Mr Slim cool air problem

Is this a model with I-see? They way I understand that, it is supposed to pick the area needed warming or cooling the most and point the air at that. If it is I-see, turn that feature off and see if that fixes it.
  15. Beads

Mini split cleaning

I have 5 questions to ask of experienced people. 1) Do you like the mini split cleaning kits? I am talking about the bags that hang on the units to catch water and cleaner. If so, what brand? 2) What kind of coil cleaner do you like? I am getting tired of the spray cans and I follow with a...
  16. Beads

Adding zone relay. Advantage of Taco Expandable?

Got it. Thanks, very much.
  17. Beads

Thanks, Dana. I understand all that. I got the impression from your earlier post that the Ergomax and Everhot are somehow different from other indirect tanks. The only thing that I can think of that might be different is a larger heat exchanger relative to the water volume. I suppose I could...
  18. Beads

Will someone highlight the differences in design between the more common indirect tanks on the one hand and the Ergomax and Everhot on the other?
  19. Beads

Plug and play mod/con boiler?

Thanks for all the info. Note that the Phoenix delivers 160 F water. The Pioneer might be just the ticket for the OP since it appears to be "single function" Versa.
  20. Beads

Plug and play mod/con boiler?

"... there are often code restrictions for using hot water heaters for space heating alone" Wow, would it matter that HTP includes instructions in the Phoneix install manual for heating application?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks