Search results

1. Cpeters

Looking for direct vent/PVC hang on the wall boiler without a primary zone.

120 btu or less. I have two zones and would like to avoid the primary zone and just use the two zone pumps I have. Something simple. Currently using HWH which works fine except in frigid cold temps. Need something to get water temp to 180 degrees. HWH only goes to 130-140. Any suggestions?
  2. Cpeters

Looking for a boiler/hot water heater to heat house.

Currently trying to fix my weilmclain aquabalance which is acting up. Was looking for a direct vent unit without all the complicated computer stuff like my weilmclain. No primary and secondary loop stuff. I was even thinking of a small tank heater. The problem with these boilers is, the...
  3. Cpeters

Weil-Mclain Aquabalance getting error code A03

Looked it up and it says either heat sensor gone, Air in system or circulator pump problem. The only way I know how to purge air is via a hose on each zone. I check pumps to see if I can feel anything. Suggestions, Thanks.
  4. Cpeters

Outside shower vent and drain

I'm putting in an outside shower. I would normally drain it into a drywell, but new regulations say it needs to go into the sewer. A vent and trap seem unnecessary as the sewer gas would just come back up the drain making a vent unnecessary. A vent stack if needed would have to go thru...
  5. Cpeters

Weil Mclain wmb120

I'm replacing my cga4 with a Aquabalance wmb120. I have 2 taco 007 with built in check valves and have a question about the Primary/secondary connection. Where does it go? Is it necessary? I have 2 taco 007 on the boiler return, one per zone hooked up to a taco 2 zone controller. I have...
  6. Cpeters

Plumbing inspection question about couplings.

I just put in all my PVC piping from the basement thru the first floor, 2nd floor and into the attic where I will put water in to do a test. I forgot to glue a 3" street 45 in the basement so I have a leak. I thought it was glued and started cutting it to get it out when I pulled it right out...
  7. Cpeters

Removing boiler thermostat wires causes AC not to work.

No problem with the ac until I removed my boiler thus 2 wires not connected. I currently have a rite temp thermostat from HD. Had it for years. I now only have a yellow, green and blue going to the blower and that's it. I disconnected the red and white because it's no longer used. Not...
  8. Cpeters

Navien Combi boiler/hwh

I was going to replace my WeilMclain cga4 with a combi. It's located in my basement which isn't the driest spot. The Navien installation guide says not to put it in a high humidity area. I do have a dehumidifier but it does get moisture during rainy periods. Thanks.
  9. Cpeters

dwv_bl.jpg wet vent diagram

Is there a diagram out there like with pipe sizing? for both vent and waste. My sewer line is 4" but I'll be running 3" for toilets and hopefully 3" out the roof, for same setup, one bath above another bath. Thanks.
  10. Cpeters

Where to vent washer dryer.

I put a new addition on my house and now there's a 2 inch vent 5 feet from an egress window. Can I vent thru the wall and put a 90 on it facing down? Or put the vent terminus in a soffit? If I put an ell on it can I drop it a few feet outside?
  11. Cpeters

Replacing 16" concrete chimney with wood.

I have a 16 inch block chimney with 6" liner to accommodate a 120k btu boiler and a 35k btu HWH. I need to go up 6 or 7 block for the new second floor addition. Can I remove the block and put in double wall b vent? Clearances needed? Thanks.
  12. Cpeters

Wiring in line booster fan

I'm putting in a booster fan and need a way to trigger it when the ac comes on. It's a carrier FX4D used only for cooling. Someone suggested a Suncoast temp sensor and plugging in to that. Couldn't I also connect into a taco switch relay TACO SR501 and trigger it from the 24volt thermostat...
  13. Cpeters

aqua Balance Combi boiler

I'm looking into the weil Mclain Combi wall mounted boiler. I have a question on piping. The return goes back into the supply before it gets back to the boiler. Is that to keep the water preheated into the boiler? Marked in diagram as #7.
  14. Cpeters

Navien vs Rinnai and others

I'm thinking about installing a Navien NCB-150E in my garage apt. 480 SF. 1 indoor and 1 outside shower. I've looked into Navien but was wondering about other combi units out there. Reliability is most important. A reasonable price would be nice. Thanks.
  15. Cpeters

Natural gas space heater for garage

I have a 480 sf garage below an apartment I want to keep from freezing. Vented or ventless is ok. Prefer the ventless. I saw a Rinnai, but it's low temperature was 60 degrees. I looking for 50 or less low settings. Just need it for December through March. A mini split is going in the...
  16. Cpeters

Water heater 35k btu and boiler 52k btu.

With a total of about 90,000 btu's what size double wall flue pipe would be code. The boiler is 4" and the HWH is 3" The vertical run is 15-20 feet. I'm thinking 5 or 6 inch. Thanks
  17. Cpeters

How far off the garage floor should a boiler and hotwater heater be?

Installing a Weil-McClain CGA-25 in my garage with an apartment above. How high should it be off of the floor? 18"? 24"? not quite sure. This is Jersey and I'll need to put a post or two in front. 3 or 4" post? Thanks in advance.
  18. Cpeters

Outside shower drain

Going forward outside showers in our town need to be hooked up to the sewer lines. Doesn't make much sense putting sand into the sewer system, but that's what they want. I'll need a trap with drain plug to drain in the winter and get the sand out. Where and how high must the vent stack...
  19. Cpeters

Trap arms and bends before you need a cleanout.

How many 45 or 22 1/2 can you have before you need a clean out on a trap arm? I realize the less bends the better but somehow I know I'm going to come across this situation. And would this apply to vents? Thanks
  20. Cpeters

Installing 2 baths one above the other

I'm looking for a diagram on the way two bathrooms should be vented and plumbed in new contruction. I'm trying to eliminate as many vents as possible going through the roof. Basically 3 piece bathrooms. I'll also have a washer i'd like to vent into this. The sink is on the far side of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks