Search results

1. Cpeters

Looking for direct vent/PVC hang on the wall boiler without a primary zone.

120 btu or less. I have two zones and would like to avoid the primary zone and just use the two zone pumps I have. Something simple. Currently using HWH which works fine except in frigid cold temps. Need something to get water temp to 180 degrees. HWH only goes to 130-140. Any suggestions?
  2. Cpeters

Looking for a boiler/hot water heater to heat house.

I ended up putting in an AO Smith power vent HWH. 2 zones no primary and secondary zones. Temp to 150 not 180 like the boiler. I'll see how it goes. Wasted $300 on service techs that called the same Weil Mclain i did. Had to use power vent because I got rid of my chimney. Time will tell.
  3. Cpeters

Looking for a boiler/hot water heater to heat house.

Currently trying to fix my weilmclain aquabalance which is acting up. Was looking for a direct vent unit without all the complicated computer stuff like my weilmclain. No primary and secondary loop stuff. I was even thinking of a small tank heater. The problem with these boilers is, the...
  4. Cpeters

Weil-Mclain Aquabalance getting error code A03

I'll look up the spiro vent on the return. Have bleed to 2 zone 007 loops. This is for heat? Water side? Do you mean return side? Water feed is to the air seperator and bladder expansion tank. The temp goes to 200 degrees and shuts off after calling for heat. No circulation. The hot side...
  5. Cpeters

Weil-Mclain Aquabalance getting error code A03

Looked it up and it says either heat sensor gone, Air in system or circulator pump problem. The only way I know how to purge air is via a hose on each zone. I check pumps to see if I can feel anything. Suggestions, Thanks.
  6. Cpeters

Outside shower vent and drain

The town does allow for an AAV so long as it's accessible. That's the way to go. Thanks.
  7. Cpeters

Outside shower vent and drain

I'm putting in an outside shower. I would normally drain it into a drywell, but new regulations say it needs to go into the sewer. A vent and trap seem unnecessary as the sewer gas would just come back up the drain making a vent unnecessary. A vent stack if needed would have to go thru...
  8. Cpeters

Weil Mclain wmb120

One more thing. This primary/secondary needs a separate circulating pump. And the connection between the supply and return takes place before the hot returns to the boiler. It sounds similar to the HWH circulator pump which is useless in this case. Just talking to myself.
  9. Cpeters

Weil Mclain wmb120

I'm replacing my cga4 with a Aquabalance wmb120. I have 2 taco 007 with built in check valves and have a question about the Primary/secondary connection. Where does it go? Is it necessary? I have 2 taco 007 on the boiler return, one per zone hooked up to a taco 2 zone controller. I have...
  10. Cpeters

Plumbing inspection question about couplings.

I just put in all my PVC piping from the basement thru the first floor, 2nd floor and into the attic where I will put water in to do a test. I forgot to glue a 3" street 45 in the basement so I have a leak. I thought it was glued and started cutting it to get it out when I pulled it right out...
  11. Cpeters

Removing boiler thermostat wires causes AC not to work.

Problem solved. 3 amp fuse blown. tested the transformer and it was 24 volts and ok. I put the boiler in after hurricane sandy so the fuse must have blown around then. Could never shut the emergency switch on boiler otherwise the AC wouldn't work. Since I removed the boiler the...
  12. Cpeters

Thanks for all you help, today I'll run for a new thermostat and a voltage tester. Then I can tell if Im getting 24 volts from the transformer, if not, I'll replace.
  13. Cpeters

Everything worked fine with the boiler attached. I'm wondering if it was running off of the boiler transformer. When I shut off the boiler emergency switch the ac wouldn't work so I left it on all the time. I only use the blue for RC, the green for the fan and yellow. I jumped the rh and...
  14. Cpeters

No problem with the ac until I removed my boiler thus 2 wires not connected. I currently have a rite temp thermostat from HD. Had it for years. I now only have a yellow, green and blue going to the blower and that's it. I disconnected the red and white because it's no longer used. Not...
  15. Cpeters

Navien Combi boiler/hwh

Too much info to digest. Two units hanging on basement wall, one a instant hwh, the other a condensing boiler. Wish I could have kept the cga4 but no more chimney. Thanks for all your help.
  16. Cpeters

Navien Combi boiler/hwh

And I'm thinking of paying more and splitting out the boiler and HWH. If there is a problem with one I can just replace it. Like the TVs that had VCR built in, years ago.
  17. Cpeters

Navien Combi boiler/hwh

Humidity and Contact with Water When installing the boiler, avoid places with excessive humidity. The boiler has electric gas ignition components. Water spray or droppings can get inside the boiler and damage the ignition system. The boiler must be installed in a way to ensure that the gas...
  18. Cpeters

Navien Combi boiler/hwh

I usually just do ball park analysis or nothing gets done. The basement does get water and I put in 2 sump pumps in case one fails. I do have a dehumidifier witch I set to 70. And it smells and water sits in the sump. Navien says not to install in excessively high humidity areas. Can any...
  19. Cpeters

Navien Combi boiler/hwh

I was going to replace my WeilMclain cga4 with a combi. It's located in my basement which isn't the driest spot. The Navien installation guide says not to put it in a high humidity area. I do have a dehumidifier but it does get moisture during rainy periods. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks