Search results

1. chrisf8657

Grounding question

OK - thanks Terry and everyone, I'll play it safe and ground both. :-)
  2. chrisf8657

Grounding question

Well, I'll clear up those two things: The spacer/coupler is metal, and the boxes are not painted, they are bare steel (non-wet location).
  3. chrisf8657

Grounding question

I have an existing grounded 4x2 box that I want to add an additional box above. The boxes will be connected together using a spacer/coupler. My questions is does the second box need to be grounded also per NEC, or does the steel spacer/coupler basically join the two boxes together so only one...
  4. chrisf8657

Issue with New Tank & Water Smell

No, it's on Glendale, AZ city water. Hard water though. No smell with cold.
  5. chrisf8657

Jet hole at the bottom of the toilet

We have some Kilgore's from 1982 that have a jet hole, though round and small. FYI. Poor bending trapway that causes clogs alot though. Any other toilet issues or other slow draining appliances? That could signal a main line issue.
  6. chrisf8657

Issue with New Tank & Water Smell

Hi guys, First time in this Forum, usually in the Toilet section. We had a new American Water Heater brand Electric 50 gallon tank installed, and since that time, the Hot water smells "Earthy". The technician and his assistant (who originally installed it) came by and said they couldn't smell...
  7. chrisf8657

Smelly toilet, tried many things

shonuff, Thank you for posting the pics! Well, it's obvious now that someone did some kind of renovations at some point, and I think without a plumber or renovator who knew what the f*ck they were doing or properly licensed. Key point: the wood not being the same holding the shower valve (it's...
  8. chrisf8657

Cadet 3 Flowise Flush Review

I did NOT buy the toilet for it's water-saving feature, I bought it because it had a 1000 gram rating, and also it was the only thing that would fit in our bathroom. Otherwise I would have gotten a Champion 4 or even a Caroma. I take big craps, SIR. Bigger and more volume than a normal person...
  9. chrisf8657

Smelly toilet, tried many things

I'm not a plumber but I've seen and heard lots of people having this issue. I'd put my money on mold/mildew underneath the floor or behind the toilet. You'll need to pull the flooring in different spots and see if that's it, and also the molding that runs along the floor behind the toilet. If...
  10. chrisf8657

Cadet 3 Flowise Flush Review

I reviewed this model. Since installing it years ago, I have never clogged it, but then I hold the handle down for a full flush. Came right on the borderline (bowl filled all the way) a couple days ago but at the last second it went down (was very constipated after 5 days). No leaks, no...
  11. chrisf8657

American Standard a Lost Cause? Toto Recommendation? Dual Flush Parts=New Toilet?

We've had our Cadet for about 2 years now and It works great. Just make sure there are no issues with the China or glazing before installing.
  12. chrisf8657

Thoughts on American Standard Cadet Dual Flush?

Somewhat I agree with Gary. We got our Cadet 3 standard flush (no dual - must be a new model as I never knew they made them) from Home Depot. The one we got was fine, but others have seen quality control issues. We got the $99 install done for us, so if something was wrong with it, the installer...
  13. chrisf8657

Review: Cadet 3 EL Flowise Toilet

The water level is good. Most of the matter settles into the large hole at the bottom. Unless you have alot of fecal matter, it has more than enough water. Streaking problems happen VERY rarely, are usually VERY light, and they typically disappear with the next flush. The ones I have had have...
  14. chrisf8657

What was your favorite 3.5 gallon toilet?

We still have some Kilgore 3.5's from 1982 in here. I can clog one of those half the time compared to NEVER having to plunge (or ever clogged) the Cadet 3 we bought a year and a half ago to replace a cracked tank. I've thrown 10-12 inch logs down the Cadet 3 the Kilgore would never take....at...
  15. chrisf8657

new toilets

Terry, your right. I have had occasional problems with the Cadet 3 having a splash upwards onto the seat too...dunno how many have this problem - like I said it's occasional based on factors I can't explain. But the Caroma is also a washdown toilet, different than a siphon toilet...I don't think...
  16. chrisf8657

A funny for all you Plumbers...

Totally unrealistic, but still funny as heck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bO3DmeL7cU Enjoy!
  17. chrisf8657

Standpipe

IIRC (not an expert here), like BusyBee said, I've heard drain flies can also come from breaks in the main line. Seen several videos and documentaries that showed it.
  18. chrisf8657

new toilets

Several of us like the Cadet 3 - haven't been able to clog the sucker yet. But as several others mentioned, quality control can be an issue - check the toilet before bringing it home. Fourtanently, we got a good one the 1st time.
  19. chrisf8657

Toilet handle fiasco...

hj, Yes, I know it has nothing to do with flushing, but it is still loose. Thanks for the extra explanations though! THIS THREAD IS NOW CONSIDERED DONE!
  20. chrisf8657

For Expert Plumbers: Drain Flies

Plumber2011, Like I said, just something I saw on TV and on youtube of a line inspection where they were breeding in a broken section of pipe. It was sinks and floor drains in the mideast to the eastern states; It was a broken pipe underground that they found on both, but alot of people thru...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks