Search results

1. towheedm

Pressure tank getting waterlogged

Before I installed the tanks the second time, I checked but could not feel the diaphragm at the bottom of the tank. Also, if I remove the tank and drain it, I can still hear water swooshing around. Checking the air pressure shows it at around 42-43psi. This may indicate some water trapped...
  2. towheedm

Pressure tank getting waterlogged

I've recently install a new pump and 2 pressure tanks. The installation is shown in the image. The pump is a Gould's J5S and the tanks are A.O. Smith's PM26 diaphragm tanks. At first, I installed only one tank. The pump came adjusted 30/50. I adjusted the pressure in the tank to 28psi. I...
  3. towheedm

Help with Gould Balanced Flow Pump (BF03S)

I did that, the pump goes up to 60psi si I adjusted the cut-off to just below this, but but the pressure still builds with the low flow and causes the cycling. Yes I did notice the cavitation when I restricted the suction line. Excuse my ignorance with these pumping terminology, but what...
  4. towheedm

Exactly so, if I had to pay for this I would have of course simply replaced the pump since the cost of the parts was about 40% of the cost of replacing the pump.. But I'm a DIY'er and I love to repair things. I'm also in the service industry but more electrical/power related. I did learn a...
  5. towheedm

Yes, I have replaced those parts in the past and I did this time around also. In fact the only thing I did not replace this time were the motor, 1K1 tank and the 1K2 motor mount. Yes she works like new now.:D:D:D Just finished connecting it to the house plumbing and it works just great...
  6. towheedm

Well I'm not sure what you mean by the above but I know that the balanced flow pump controls the air via the AVC system. Anyway, I've just connected it up to a 600 gallon tank full of water using some flex PVC pipe to test the pump.. The inlet is level with the tank's discharge. I'm hitting...
  7. towheedm

Well thank you. Finally, it's not just about replacing the pump, it's also about solving the problem. What if the pump was just a few years old? Should I go ahead and replace it still? I'm just trying to find out what is causing the problem. I am presently in the process of doing the...
  8. towheedm

Well even if I did just replace the pump, I would still like to know what was causing the problem with this old pump? Or are you suggesting that I replace the pump simply because you don't know either? Either way, it will be a learning experiencing for us all.
  9. towheedm

Hopefully someone here can help me with this problem I'm having with my Gould BF03S balanced flow pump. The pump is used for supplying water at home from a 400 gallon water tank. Note that this pump is very old, about 30 years or so, but I am hesitant to replace it as it worked flawlessly for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks