Search results

1. Texas Wellman

Air lift setup/holding tank setup help

Do you have plastic or galvanized casing ? I have ran across bad spots in the casing in the past where there is essentially a defect or bulge that won’t let the jet pass. What part of Houston?
  2. Texas Wellman

Pressure Tank Size

You better find out exactly what pump and the water level you are pumping from. A lot of high flow pumps won’t make much pressure and high head pumps won’t make much flow. 5 HP is about as big of a motor as you can get for a typical 4” well. I suspect you will need to change the wet end.
  3. Texas Wellman

Perpetually Wet Floor in Pump Room

Leak could be coming from the air release (AVC) or the snifter valve. The AVC will intermittently leak sometimes because it has a float that can get stuck or little particles in the mechanism. The snifter valves always leak after a few months but should only leak when the pump is running...
  4. Texas Wellman

2" well poor water volume. Pressure fine.

If there is a tailpipe it doesn’t do anything so in my opinion you could leave it out if you wanted to. I assume the 1.25” couplings were mentioned because sometimes they used 1” pipe instead. If the ejector is in good shape just reuse it.
  5. Texas Wellman

2" well poor water volume. Pressure fine.

It’s a packer style jet. It sounds like the well itself is plugging off after 40+ years. Around these parts a well that old would have steel casing and a stainless screen but I’m not sure what kind of completion you’d have so check with local drillers. We’d pull the suction pipe and test the...
  6. Texas Wellman

Low jet pressure on 2 inch well with packer.

There is only one brand of galvanized tank left in America. Quick Tank galvanized tanks AFAIK. There are some other ones that are not galv. but glass lined. I would stick to galvanized tanks. If yours has a hole in it you probably have poor quality water. Most tanks here outlast the people...
  7. Texas Wellman

Any harm in reducing intake pipe size?

I’d go 1” all the way thru then upconvert back to 1.25”. I use 1” suction pipe all the time but not as long of a distance.
  8. Texas Wellman

Pressure Tank Placement

Most well x trol tanks use the same port for inlet and outlet so even if the tank is 8’ away it should make no difference.
  9. Texas Wellman

2" deep well questions/update

I’ve heard this often on this board but never understood the logic. The lathers are going into water where they will swell up. No need to put soap or anything else on them.
  10. Texas Wellman

2" deep well questions/update

With no tank even a small amount of leakback will be huge to the pressure (fully hydraulic). Install a small tank and you won’t notice a problem. Most jets with leathers and footvalve leak a little.
  11. Texas Wellman

Pipe identification

That is a special reducing adapter (SRA) made in Houston to connect 1" drop pipe to the well head that is 1.25" threads. Originally the wells were made of steel casing 2" and used 1.25" drop pipe with special "turned" collars. These were regular 1.25" steel collars shaved down to fit into 2"...
  12. Texas Wellman

Goulds 10GS15 Submersible Pump Amperage Concern

Normally you would not have any valves in the discharge lines. You would have to custom install one. Be sure to remove it after the test as well. The other possibility is that the water level has risen allowing the pump to pump more water. More water equals higher amps.
  13. Texas Wellman

Goulds 10GS15 Submersible Pump Amperage Concern

I would throttle the discharge to the pump. If amps go up it’s on it’s way out.
  14. Texas Wellman

Several submersible well questions

You stated that with 2 sprinklers going the pump barely shuts off and with three it never shuts off. This is not a bad thing. As long as the pump can maintain decent pressure continuously running is ideal. I realize you had more zones running before but since you already have the pump and...
  15. Texas Wellman

I need more pressure, Scotty!

You don’t unscrew anything unless you want to. You pull everything out, well seal and all. It’s a $20-30 part. I normally leave the well seal on and remove and replace once the pipe is out and laying just above the ground. In fact I don’t even bother trying to loosen the bolts or anything. Just...
  16. Texas Wellman

I need more pressure, Scotty!

I’m curious why a house being on a slab is relevant to any problem with a well? Also how does a pump being on a pitiless make anything easier? From all the posts on here about problems with pitiless units I can assure you I have zero problems pulling anything with a normal well seal.
  17. Texas Wellman

Year-long nightmare

Boyce has given you some excellent advice. Experience counts.
  18. Texas Wellman

Year-long nightmare

Nobody on this board likes drives. If it was mine I would definitely go with a standard single phase set-up. However, if your well truly makes 10 GPM that is plenty of water to use without the extra complexity that the cisterns add. I realize you may be gun shy due to the last fiasco but you...
  19. Texas Wellman

Pump loses prime while running.

Leathers don’t need soaked. Sounds like you reused the footvalve and I’m guessing that’s the culprit. If you have a sta rite jet they do take a 1.25” footvalve but it has to be a special one to fit into a 2” casing. Hard to explain how the fv will hold or look ok but still leak but basically...
  20. Texas Wellman

Pump loses prime while running.

Is it a steel casing? Casing might have a hole in it if so.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks