Search results

1. cloves

UPS Tripping When Toaster Oven is On - Different Circuits - Power Spike

Hi all, Last two weeks my UPS has been momentarily tripping. I first noticed this happening when the toaster oven was on and cycling on and off, but then it happened at night when no toaster oven was on. I also noticed that the led lights on a my dimmer when dimmed low would also become less...
  2. cloves

Radiant Heating - Taco Pumps Ran Dry for Few Hours - #30 Pressure Relieve Valve Popping Off Now

We have a closed radiant heat system and the supply to the pumps was turned off overnight and the thermostats called for heat. The following day when I got home I heard the pumps and they didn't sound right so I shut off the system. I checked the radiant side of the system and it was almost bone...
  3. cloves

Combo Anode Plastic Section of rod stuck - Ideas on how to Extract it

Hi, I have an AO Smith Vertex. I am in the process of replacing the anode rods. The inlet water anode rod is a combo rod with the plastic in-between as shown in the photo. While removing the anode rod the middle disconnected/rboke from the plastic part inside the pipe. I was wondering if anyone...
  4. cloves

Should Ball Valves Leading to Water Heater Be "Lead-Free"?

Hi all, You know it just dawned on me to check the cut off ball valves that I have going to my hot water heater. They do not appear to be lead free. So my question is should these ball valves be lead free. Also does that mean all ball valves not connected to my closed radiant heating system...
  5. cloves

Reusable Pressure Testing PEX Solution? Using Sharkbites

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some ideas for a reusable pex pressure testing rig. I have a bunch of 1/2 PEX zones I want to pressure test individually before putting in water. I have a sharbite and end cap on one end. Now I need to rig something to together using sharkbites to add my...
  6. cloves

Expansion Tank & System Pressure After New Water Heater (Rising Pressure)

Hi everyone, I recently installed a new water heater (vertex 50 gallon), expansion tank (2 gall), ge water filter (whole house with built in check valve), and 2 pressure gauges. Pressure gauge 1 is directly after the city water main and reads 60 PSI. Pressure gauge 2 is placed after my water...
  7. cloves

Do You Need More Then 1 Expansion Tank

Hi everyone, We recently swapped to an AO Smith Vertex to provide our domestic water supply and to provide our hot water for our radiant system (closed system). Currently the domestic supply line comes into our water filters 2 stage and then to an expansion tank before "Teeing" into the vertex...
  8. cloves

Tempering Valve Location

Hi everyone, I am in the process of installing a mixing valve for my domestic water supply. Wanted to see what you guys thought of placing it near the front of the water heater from a routing perspective seems like the best bet to me. Pictures attached.
  9. cloves

Tape on Water Heater Connector That Has Gasket? Vertex Blue Caps on Connector Question

Hi guys, I am in the middle of installing a new copper flex line to my new water heater (See picture). This connector has a female thread that connects to the water heater and a gasket that sits inside the female thread. Question, do I need to use tape on the male thread since there is a gasket...
  10. cloves

Can Hose Bib (Brass Male) Be Connected Directly to Copper (Female) Not Fitting Smoothly

Hi everyone, I have a novice question here. I need to add a hose bib near my water manifold temporarily while I replumb a water filter. I purchased a brass hose bib 1/2" male and a copper female 1/2". But I am not sure that they are mean't to go together because the hose bib does not go that...
  11. cloves

Shower & Tub Rough Valve - What length for Threaded Pipe for Spout?

Hi guys, Currently installing a Phister 0x8 shower and tub valve. I am also using a Phister universal trim kit. With this trim kit I can use either copper or threaded pipe as it comes with adapters. I was going to use a brass threaded pipe (both ends) on the 90 drop ear. I can't seem to...
  12. cloves

New Kohler Cast Iron Tub and Gerber Bath Tub Drain Reuseable?

Hi fella's, we are currently replacing our old cast iron bath tub with a new Kohler Villager. I have a Gerber brass bath tub drain (20 gauge) that is only a few years old I would like to reuse since the new traps are so expensive. So I was wondering if this was at all possible? As you can see in...
  13. cloves

Phoenix Water Heater for Radiant Floor Heating and Domestic Water Supply?

Hi everyone, just to preface I had my radiant heating system designed my the Radiant Design Institute (Fred Seton). Fred told me that the Phoenix PH100-55 would be able to supply both the radiant and domestic. From what I have been reading I want this system to run in closed system. Which I...
  14. cloves

Pressure Testing Gas Line

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone had any insight here. I just had some gas line installed by a plumber. When he finished he put air into the line (25PSI). A day later the pressure has dropped to (11PSI). He mentioned it should be anything to worry about because air changed and expands based on...
  15. cloves

Street Water Valve Burried Under Driveway?

Hi everyone, I noticed that my main water valve (inside my house) is leaking slightly. I want to shut off the main from the city. Called up the city and they said only a licensed plumber could do that. So then I was told by a neighbor that the city recently had marked the valves with blue paint...
  16. cloves

1 Boiler for Both Radiant Heat and Hot Water Possible?

Hi everyone, we are in the process of rehabbing a house. We plan on installing radiant heat. Does it make sense and/or is it even possible to have 1 boiler preform both the heating for the radiant and for the bath/kitchen hot water? House is 1800 sq ft in total.
  17. cloves

Need New Gas Lines From Meter Run. Thoughts on What Plumber Told Me Option Wise

Hi everyone, I had gas meter recently installed in a place I am rehabbing. 4 total items will use gas (water heater, dryer, stove & HVAC). I told the plumber I wanted black pipe run. He mentioned he would probably opt for a manifold and steel piping. He mentioned that with a manifold gas...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks