Search results

1. cloves

UPS Tripping When Toaster Oven is On - Different Circuits - Power Spike

Hi all, Last two weeks my UPS has been momentarily tripping. I first noticed this happening when the toaster oven was on and cycling on and off, but then it happened at night when no toaster oven was on. I also noticed that the led lights on a my dimmer when dimmed low would also become less...
  2. cloves

Radiant Heating - Taco Pumps Ran Dry for Few Hours - #30 Pressure Relieve Valve Popping Off Now

Thank you the replies. To further add some details. We are using an AO smith vertex to provide both domestic hot water and heat. While changing the anode rods I turned off the supply and return valves on the vertex to the taco 008. I had the thermostats down to 50 and didn't expect the temp to...
  3. cloves

Radiant Heating - Taco Pumps Ran Dry for Few Hours - #30 Pressure Relieve Valve Popping Off Now

We have a closed radiant heat system and the supply to the pumps was turned off overnight and the thermostats called for heat. The following day when I got home I heard the pumps and they didn't sound right so I shut off the system. I checked the radiant side of the system and it was almost bone...
  4. cloves

Combo Anode Plastic Section of rod stuck - Ideas on how to Extract it

Thank Reach, I am bone head I was on the inlet side of the hole, that blue plastic part is just a tube that goes all the way down. The front anode is on the outlet pipe.
  5. cloves

Combo Anode Plastic Section of rod stuck - Ideas on how to Extract it

Hi, I have an AO Smith Vertex. I am in the process of replacing the anode rods. The inlet water anode rod is a combo rod with the plastic in-between as shown in the photo. While removing the anode rod the middle disconnected/rboke from the plastic part inside the pipe. I was wondering if anyone...
  6. cloves

Should Ball Valves Leading to Water Heater Be "Lead-Free"?

Thanks everyone, seems like I shouldn't worry about it. Good to know.
  7. cloves

Thanks for the reply Terry. Further looking into the ball valves in the house and also saw that the ball valve coming off the city supply does not say lead free and looks pretty new. So based on what you mentioned, I should change all the valves that are used for drinking water. My concern...
  8. cloves

Hi all, You know it just dawned on me to check the cut off ball valves that I have going to my hot water heater. They do not appear to be lead free. So my question is should these ball valves be lead free. Also does that mean all ball valves not connected to my closed radiant heating system...
  9. cloves

Reusable Pressure Testing PEX Solution? Using Sharkbites

Upnor recommends testing with water but also says if testing with air but not to exceed 120psi.
  10. cloves

Hi hj, local code mandates pressure testing. 100psi for 15 minutes. Why is testing PEX with air not a good idea? I am going to take a jump at an explosion and debris flying around?
  11. cloves

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some ideas for a reusable pex pressure testing rig. I have a bunch of 1/2 PEX zones I want to pressure test individually before putting in water. I have a sharbite and end cap on one end. Now I need to rig something to together using sharkbites to add my...
  12. cloves

Expansion Tank & System Pressure After New Water Heater (Rising Pressure)

Hey jad, I should have said "indirect" closed radiant system. Attached below is the plan I am working with. The temperature of the water should be around 120 degrees and as you stated once the water is in the system, its rare that the fill valve should ever put more water into the system. The...
  13. cloves

Thanks for the info everyone. I looked up the specs on an amtrol RX-15 (Designed for radiant heating) and it says "Utilizes internal plastic liner for corrosion resistance in system with high oxygen content or non-barrier tubing". So doesn't that imply that this is for radiant systems that don't...
  14. cloves

Hi guys wanted to follow up. Turns out the expansion tank was defective! It was losing pressure over a few days, it was brand new too. I have another question that just popped up. We installed a Therm-X-Trol ST-5 Thermal Expansion as pictured above. Question does the expansion tank have to be...
  15. cloves

Hi everyone, I recently installed a new water heater (vertex 50 gallon), expansion tank (2 gall), ge water filter (whole house with built in check valve), and 2 pressure gauges. Pressure gauge 1 is directly after the city water main and reads 60 PSI. Pressure gauge 2 is placed after my water...
  16. cloves

Do You Need More Then 1 Expansion Tank

Here is an example of what the system will look like when complete. Here there is an expansion tank by the cold return as shown in the plan.
  17. cloves

Thanks HJ. The system will actually be using water an not glycol. I am using a Vertex as the water supply for both domestic and the heating system. Heat exchanger will be used for the heat side. Still a little cloudy as to why I would need 2 expansion tanks on a closed system. Wouldn't all the...
  18. cloves

Hi everyone, We recently swapped to an AO Smith Vertex to provide our domestic water supply and to provide our hot water for our radiant system (closed system). Currently the domestic supply line comes into our water filters 2 stage and then to an expansion tank before "Teeing" into the vertex...
  19. cloves

Tempering Valve Location

Hi everyone, I am in the process of installing a mixing valve for my domestic water supply. Wanted to see what you guys thought of placing it near the front of the water heater from a routing perspective seems like the best bet to me. Pictures attached.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks