Search results

1. Rman

Black water after pump replaced

My eight year old well pump died. Had the old pump pulled out from 300 ft and new goulds 3/4 hp 7gpm 240v pump installed into well same depth. Chlorinated well 3 gallons bleach Ran water till smelled chlorine then left for 4 hours. Started well to flush and the dark black color of the water...
  2. Rman

Emergency 12 volt external pump

I’m trying to find a 12 volt dc pump that I can push a pipe down the 6 inch well casing in case the submersible pump dies suddenly or during storm no electricity. The current set up is a 6inch steel cased well to 320 feet. There’s a 3/4 hp 240 v two wire pump installed at 300 feet. The static...
  3. Rman

Pex and uv light exposure

I plumbed up my whole house 7 years ago with Pex type B. All the pipes are in the walls except for the basement. At the time of purchase the only warning was to not expose the pex to more than 30 days of UV sunlight. Today I watched a video that said you should not expose any pex to Uv light...
  4. Rman

CSV makes a rattle noise

I have a CSV installed now for 7years. I’ve noticed that there is a rattle noise when pump is running. Everything works properly. 3/4 hp 10Gpm pump set at 300 ft in 320 ft well 5ft static level produces 4GPM. One thing I noticed is the valve is installed up side down. Adjustment screw is down...
  5. Rman

Air in heating pipes

I’ve got a Weil McClain 7 year old propane fired high efficiency boiler. All summer it runs and produces domestic hot water to a 50 gal indirect tank. The piping for 5 zones is copper at the boiler then oxygen proof 3/4 inch pex throughout the house. Every year when there is a call for heat...
  6. Rman

Lifespan of supply lines

Now that most supply lines to sinks and toilets are of the pre made stainless steel covered vinyl tube inside what’s the lifespan before they need to be replaced? Manufacturers say when they leak!! I’m on a well with max pressure of 65 psi no leaks but should I change them say 10 years of...
  7. Rman

Storing submersible pump

With supply shortages and prices skyrocketing I decided to purchase a new goulds pump/motor as a replacement for my 7 year unknown brand pump. How do I store this pump to have it ready to go when time to replace old one? I would also like to test the new one before storage. Is a clean garbage...
  8. Rman

Air in baseboard hydronic radiators

My system is 7 yrs old w/a He90 Weil McLain propane boiler. This boiler has two circulator pumps in the boiler housing. Starting this heating season the 1st floor rads gurgling only in the morning when the programmable Tstat call’s for heat. There is a spirovent vent but I’m guessing it’s...
  9. Rman

Pump saver settings

I’ve got a pump saver plus 233P-1.5 installed between the 240 volt disconnect and the pressure switch then to a 3/4 Hp submersible pump set at 300 feet. About 3 years ago installed The last two weeks it’s been shutting down the pump with a over current at random times. No real heavy water use...
  10. Rman

Cloudy faucet water

This one stumped me. In my m bathroom there are two sinks 2 feet apart. The faucets are the same Moen single handle 5 years old. The left faucet the water comes out cloudy and the right faucet water is clear. I’m on well water with 400 TDS and the plumbing is pex 5 years old. There’s a 1/2 inch...
  11. Rman

Best well pump for residential home

I need the experts recommendation for my home water well. There is a 10 gpm 230v submersible pump in service for 5 years no name just Pentair motor. My well is 6 inch 325 feet deep static level 5 feet water started at 260 feet produces 4GPM Distance to house is 25 feet I have CSV then BB10...
  12. Rman

Air in all bathrooms

I had my well drilled 2 1/2 years ago and everything is working great until this morning when I found that there was air bursts in all the water fixtures in the house?! Info well drilled to 325 feet water at 275 feet 4gpm static at 5 feet. Pump is a 3/4 hp 10 gpm. There's a CSV valve followed...
  13. Rman

Well water capacity

I’ve got a 350 ft 4 inch drilled water well. It’s producing about 4GPM. Static level 5 feet water started at 280 ft pump set at 300 ft Question is if I use 4 Gpm continually at any time for inside or outside watering needs will I ever run out of water? I do have a Cycle stop valve and a 10 gpm...
  14. Rman

Radon with two fans still high

I have a 3/4 basement with 8 foot ceilings. Home built in 2015 There is a 3 inch perforated pipe below the slab in the 6 inch gravel. The original radon readings were 22-24 pc/l. The allowable is 2-4 pc. I installed one radon fan outside then up to the roof. Reading dropped to 16 pc. Added a...
  15. Rman

Failing PEX Tee

My 5 year old PEX with stainless steel crimps joints are failing in two ways. One is the center of the “T” is forming a white crusty area. Two is some joints where the PEX is crimped with the rings is starting to seep a very small quantity of water that’s not quite dripping but is visible and...
  16. Rman

Retesting well water

I had a 325 ft drilled well done 2 years ago today. It tested all within allowable parameters Do or should I have the water retested again? No plumbing work done regarding well or pump Water tastes the same but having sometimes gastro gut disturbances (diarrhea) Should I just shock the well...
  17. Rman

How much water in brine tank

I have a water softener with external brine tank At installation four years ago it had about 8 inches of water in the bottom after a flush cycle Now the brine tank is half full Tried to move the float up or down didn’t move. Do I need to drain and empty the tank to remove/clean the float ?
  18. Rman

Boiler periodic flush needed?

I have a 20 year cast iron one pipe boiler with cast iron radiator’s Is it necessary to periodically draw down the boiler water and fill up as marked on the sight glass. The water is very rusty brown. But next week it’s rusty brown again. I’ve gotten both ways from different plumbers. The...
  19. Rman

Black water filter cartridge

I drilled a new well two years ago to 325 ft with 3/4 hp 10 gpm pump set at 300ft. The well produces 4 gpm. The water tested great nothing out of range. But I have a big blue filter between the pressure tank and water softener it’s a 10/100 micron pentek type cartridge that turns Black in about...
  20. Rman

Clicking Ticking PEX heat lines

I plumbed my house with oxygen barrier PEX tubing 3/4 inch from hot water boiler to copper fin baseboard radiators This is a two story home with basement where the boiler is installed. Every time there is a call for heat upstairs the areas in the wall where the tubing goes thru the top plate to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks