Search results

1. bspachman

Sink drain tail too close to stub in wall

Follow up... Due to other extingencies, I ended up taking apart the wall from the other side and found the sink DWV was 1.5in copper. I was able to remove the male adapter and the copper elbow (using my culinary torch--yikes!). I found that there was a reducing bushing in the elbow that...
  2. bspachman

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I rather suspected that the best solution would be to try to fix the stub in some fashion, but my experience with sweating and soldering copper pipe is minimal. I did try to 'unthread' the outermost part of the stub (it looks as if it is merely threaded on), but...
  3. bspachman

Hi all! As you can see from my post count, I'm a relative novice around here--although I've been lurking and searching for a while. I'm attempting some minor repairs on a second floor bathroom and have successfully replaced the flush and fill valves on the toilet, installed new supply lines...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks