Search results

1. Don Metzinger

water service line questions

Hi – I have some friend who are experiencing some water flow problems, when the sprinkler system is on the and a toilet is used the toilets take forever to refill, probably 10 minutes, faucet flow is greatly reduced also. They are considering replacing their incoming 40 year old ¾†copper...
  2. Don Metzinger

Auto re-set and wiring diagrams.

Hi, have a dayton 2 speed motor on a whole house fan that quit working and have a couple of questions. Checked and have voltage through the timer and control and to the motor.The motor has a automatic re-set for the thermal protection, do these things stick sometimes?? would putting the motor...
  3. Don Metzinger

soil cement or ??

Just put in an abs cleanout in an old 4" ci line and a short piece of the cast that ran to the clay pipe came loose. It was cemented into the clay bell. Is there a particular kind of cement that was commonly used? Could it be replaced using regular masonsay cement. There used to be a product...
  4. Don Metzinger

Using fernco proflex

I am looking for some advice on using a fernco proflex to connect in an double abs cleanout in a very old xh cast line outsdie the house. The plumb shop said the 3000-44 will fit the old cast. I checked the plastic side and it fits the abs perfect but I expect a much tighter fit to the ci which...
  5. Don Metzinger

cast vs abs

I need to put a wye in a drain line for a clean out. The line is 4" hd cast and comes through the basement wall about 2' below the surface of the ground. I have dug down to the line just outside the wall and have several questions. Using fernco type connectors that are the shielded type I assume...
  6. Don Metzinger

Cutting gas line???

I need to replace a on/off valve for gas logs in a fireplace. The valve is actually outside and is accessed by a rod from inside. The square nub on the valve is shot. There is no union above or below the valve. Is it possible to turn off the gas at the meter/valve on the opposite side of the...
  7. Don Metzinger

Adding cleanout to cast

What is the best way to add a cleanout to a cast drain line. Rooter guy said there was a way to "lead on a cleanout inside". He said an access just outside the foundation would be the easiest. Is there a clamp on fitting that can be used or do you have to cut the cast line and insert a wye of...
  8. Don Metzinger

Noisy hot water heating pipes

I have a friend who had her part of her basement re-modeled and now the pipes for the baseboard heating that run through the walls in several spots make noise when they are working. Can sleeves be used to separate the pipes from the wall material? What type of material would be the best? Some of...
  9. Don Metzinger

Compression fittings

I recently had to re-use the old ferrules when installing some replacement valves and had trouble getting them to re-seal, finally got them set. Is it adviseable to use eiter teflon tape and or paste over old ferrules? I have never had any problems with new ones. Does anyone use tape or paste...
  10. Don Metzinger

value in insulating hot water pipes

Wondered if there is any value in insulating copper hot water lines? Seems that it takes longer for the sink water to get hot with copper after replacing old galvanized lines. Any thoughts would be appreciated. - Don
  11. Don Metzinger

dis-similar metals

I am replacing some old galvanizd water lines and behind the shower single handle faucet copper was run down about a foot to chromed unions which then joined to the old galvanized. Can I join the new copper from below to the steel unions. When is there a concern about dis-similar metals. I may...
  12. Don Metzinger

Options with galvanized pipe

I am replacing some galvanized pipe and have reached a point where I am ready to remove the old 3/4 galvanized where it feeds out ont of the basement to supply water to a converted garage. There is a old union about 6-8" above the floor and the pipe starts a long curve into the foundation wall...
  13. Don Metzinger

Single handle delta clean out?

The flow on the tub spout of a single handle delta tub shower faucet has slowed way down, shower head flow is fine. Some other plumbing work was done in the house which has a lot of old galvanized left. I think some debris was dislodged and may be clogging the delta. Suggestions as to cleaning...
  14. Don Metzinger

Steam shower manufacters recommendations

Looking for a few manuafacturers of quality steam generators for a residence. Old unit died. Approximately 300 cu' and one outside wall Suggestions appreciated. Thanks -Don
  15. Don Metzinger

tool for oatey brass shower drain

I am looking for a tool that will tighten the oatey caullkless shower drain bottom ring which has the little studs instead of the hex type nut. This drain is up above the flooring and there pipes that block easy access. Also the drain was put right through a joist that had to be cut back. I have...
  16. Don Metzinger

Rough in height for bathroom sink?

I was looking on this site for basic rough in dimensions. At what height should the drain for a bathroom sink be? I have a friend who is experiencing problems with a set of bath sink drains that is connected up with the most crazy arrangement of flex lines and cut and glued piping I have ever...
  17. Don Metzinger

Self cleaning sump

I have a relative who now has to take care of her own property and she has a 2'x2' cement pump housing that sits in the side of the irrigation ditch she draws her lawn water from. Her pump sits inside the housing and has a suction line that runs into a sump in the bottom or just to the bottom of...
  18. Don Metzinger

air gap no check valve

Hi, I am having a problem with an air gap fixture, it is mounted on the sink with the dishwasher discharge line coming into the bottom and a line running from the gap to the disposer. The gap has some vent holes facing to the sink. The dishwasher ran the other day and there was water all over...
  19. Don Metzinger

delta single handle shower control

I had to repair a delta single handle shower control that was leaking. I replaced the o rings and the washers and springs and found that it did not stop the leaking, which was a steady trickle. When I checked the delta web site they listed the above as step one and if the leak continues then...
  20. Don Metzinger

waxless seal -flange top flat with floor

I need to set a Jacuzzi toilet on a tiled floor and wanted to use a fluidmaster waxless seal and have some questions. There was a flange extender on the flange and the sleeve for the seal would not go all the way down so I removed the extender and the flange is now even with the tile surface...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks