Search results

1. Designie

Faucet valve supply line connection

Hello, I have a faucet valve that has a 1/2" NPT connection on the bottom, and a 1/2" straight pipe thread connection out the side. A regular 1/2" FIP supply line with the internal rubber gasket appears to connect just fine to both threads. Are there any issues with using this supply line for...
  2. Designie

Sulfur Dioxide gas issue

Hi guys, I am having a recurring, albeit maybe quite rare, problem with Sulfur Dioxide gas. I put the well pump and pressure tank system in about a year ago, and the softener system about 8 months ago. We were building the house then, just about to move in last September. Soon after we moved...
  3. Designie

Loud noise from tank when faucet is first turned ON, not off.

I have a condo we are renting and have been having a problem off and on with the water heater for a few years. The unit was new in 2004. It is a gas water heater and the condo has CPVC plumbing. When you FIRST turn on the water at a faucet, you hear a very loud chugging, banging sound from...
  4. Designie

Softener System Recommendation - Please Help!

This is our new house and we need a softener system as we are ready to have the hot water tanks and such installed. The plumbing has been on for awhile now, just to use toilets, test the fixtures and get water for mixing grout and such. The well is 240 ft deep. The well log shows 6 gpm of...
  5. Designie

Salt Free Conditioners vs. Tradiional Softeners?

I am looking for some feedback on treating my well water for my new house. I am just about to buy a softener and have been trying to research as much as I can about these things. I know I will be OK with a conventional salt softener, I've read many good threads on this forum. My water has...
  6. Designie

Vanity drain assembly installation method?

I just purchased a new vanity and sink combo and bought a chrome steel pop up drain assembly to go with it. Do I need plumber's putty under the drain flange of the pop up in the sink? The reason I ask is that under the flange of the pop-up is a cutout in the drain pipe, and there is an...
  7. Designie

Water test concerns. Any opinions?

I had my water tested recently and I am looking for some opinions on a couple of contaminants that were found. I believe they said that it is pretty hard water, very salty. But besides that, 3 volatile contaminants were found. The 3 contaminants were: Dichloromethane, Tetrahydrofuran and...
  8. Designie

Gas Pipeline Farm Tap in Michigan?

I live in a rural area about 30 miles north of Detroit and I have a 13 acre parcel that has 2 high pressure gas pipelines that run across the property. Does anyone know if I can get a Farm Tap so that I can receive natural gas to my house? There is no existing gas service on the street yet...
  9. Designie

Water supply and pressure with Kohler Rite Temp valve.

I have the master bath set up to have 2 shower heads, 1 stationary head which is the primary, and a hand shower which would be the secondary. I have 3/4 PEX supply running all the way to the valve, then a 3/4 PEX line up to a 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/2 tee. From there, 1 tee goes to the main head, 1 tee...
  10. Designie

Well water system up and running, here's the report:

Well, I finally have the entire water system hooked up and running. The system specs are: 1hp, 10 gpm pump at 210', 32 gallon pressure tank, 40/60 pressure switch. I ran the system with one outdoor spiggot fully open. The tank will supply water starting at 60 psi for about 2 minutes, then...
  11. Designie

Plug for testing the pan liner in the shower base??

Now that I have the shower pans built and have the PVC liner and the 3 piece drains in place, how do you get down to the pipe to put in the plug? I noticed every place has pretty much the same expanding rubber plug with the wing nut on it. Problem is, they don't fit down past the threads in the...
  12. Designie

PEX system leak. How do I find it?

I have just finished roughing out the plumbing on my new house using PEX. I did a pressure check on the cold using a gage and ran it up to 60 lbs. It held the whole day and then was down only a couple lbs. in the morning, probably due to the temp. When I checked the hot I ran it up to the...
  13. Designie

Supply Line to Tank Size

I finally have the pump down the well and the line ran to the house. Now, at my house I have the mechanical equip (Geo Pumps, Hot Water Tanks, Purifiers) on the opposite side of the basement from where the poly line from the pump comes through the wall. So therefore I want my pressure tank on...
  14. Designie

Building New Shower Pans

Well, I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on here, but in case there's not.... I'm building a new home and I have 2 fully tiled shower surrounds in 2 of the bathrooms. The first thing I noticed is that when i rough plumbed the drain, the book I had said to cut a 7" hole. Now, I have a hole...
  15. Designie

Submersible Pump Torque Arrestors? Are they needed?

I have got mixed opinions from books and such on this. Should I put a torque arrestor on the poly pipe? My pump will be at about 220' down, 1 hp pump.
  16. Designie

New construction well pump recommendations?

Hello, I am building a new home with a well that has a pumping depth of 220 feet and produced 6 gpm at that depth. The house is going to have 3-1/2 baths. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a pump system. I read a little bit about the Grundfos constant pressure system and that seems...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks