Search results

1. S

Water hammer mystery / crisis

Problem solved If anyone's referencing this thread later, thought I'd provide the fix. It was actually 2 problems: - Main issue was shower faucet ... turns out the pressure balancing spool inside the valve was making the loud knocking noise as it slid back and forth. I tried replacing...
  2. S

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions .. you've re-energized me to tackle it again this weekend and test a couple of the options raised. Will advise if successful ... regards, Stevo
  3. S

Thanks for the comments. I'm pretty sure I've ruled out waterlogged air chambers and arresters. Even gone so far as to remove them and resolder them back on to make sure they're full of air, not water, when the system is refilled. The noise happens in 3 ways: -- sink faucet - on/off creates...
  4. S

Hi, after a few months of frustration I'm looking for any ideas to solve my water hammer problem. I remodelled our upstairs bathroom about 4 months ago. Did the plumbing myself which was not particularly challenging...basically shifting a toilet slightly and moving a sink from one side of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks